Skype now available in market.

Ambushbug

Reaction score
Looks like Skype made there app available to Thunderbolt users in the market. You can now go in and toggle on video chat, though they warn since it isn't "officially supported" yet the video quality might not be as good as it is on other devices.

Reaction score
The front camera works on mine. I also tried it on my wife's incredible 2 and it wasn't available yet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Reaction score
Sorry I stand corrected. It is only the rear camera. When will the front work on it or will it ever. Kinda sucks not seeing the person your talking to.

nikecar

Reaction score
The front camera works on mine. I also tried it on my wife's incredible 2 and it wasn't available yet.

Did you download the blue icon one from the market for your wife? The native Skype that came with the phone doesn't have the ability to enable video.

Download the blue icon one from the market (for her). once you install and sign in, go to the settings, and make sure the Enable Video Calls is checked.

Reaction score
I got the one from market. I will have to check the settings for it.

JVince

Reaction score
It looks Skype will have front camera available in GB. Something about the camera control for the front camera not being native in the OS. Pretty lame seeing that the leaked Skype version had both cameras working fine. I suppose it was hard coded to enable the front one though.

Reaction score
If your going to do a program for a phone why not do it right the first time. Meaning check it out before putting it out there.

Reaction score
Same with tango. And tango works ok. I like the fact you can use Skype to talk to people either on the computer or phone.

Atook

Reaction score
I'm running it on GB, using the front facing camera. The performance is terrible though. I've only tested it within my wireless network at home (calling my daughters computer on the same network) audio and video were super laggy. Might be the network, but that doesn't make sense. I'll try again on 4G when it gets here in a couple weeks.

Weird thing is, I was running a leaked Skype on 2.2 back in June, and on the 4G network it was crystal clear. Front camera on 2.2 even. Why that was discontinued after the update, I don't know.

eldub

Reaction score
You could use a mirror to see the phone screen, lol.