Skype now available in market.

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by Ambushbug, Aug 4, 2011.

1. ryan.lafrancis

Ratings:
    +0
    Same with tango. And tango works ok. I like the fact you can use Skype to talk to people either on the computer or phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

2. Atook

Atook Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running it on GB, using the front facing camera. The performance is terrible though. I've only tested it within my wireless network at home (calling my daughters computer on the same network) audio and video were super laggy. Might be the network, but that doesn't make sense. I'll try again on 4G when it gets here in a couple weeks.

Weird thing is, I was running a leaked Skype on 2.2 back in June, and on the 4G network it was crystal clear. Front camera on 2.2 even. Why that was discontinued after the update, I don't know.

3. eldub

eldub Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could use a mirror to see the phone screen, lol.

4. tc3

tc3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lame...I gave up on Skype ...just wait for the integrated video from Google.

5. kaw19razor

kaw19razor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I just tried Skype on my thunderbolt, 2.3 froyo.

I was in a real good 4g area. The video quality was good, but laggy. Sound quality was horrible and we couldn't understand each other.

My girlfriend was on the other end, with the same phone with good 4G service.

I'm f-ing pissed. I want some money back.

6. Ambushbug

Ambushbug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When they released it this morning they said that the front facing camera wouldn't work unless you had GB. They also said that the video quality would not be as good either, guess if you/we are unrooted we will just have to wait it out till GB is released.

As far as Qik and Tango, I hear people who have had success with them but I can't say that has been our experience on two T-Bolts. Qik was just horrible when we tried it. The video on Tango was decent but the sound was unbearable, tons of squelch. We tried turning the volume down a few notches like suggested, but still had issues. Then they released an update that supposedly fixed that issue, tried it with the same results. I'm glad some people can use it problem free, but they are hit and miss at best.