Sirius Streaming?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by diavlo, Nov 12, 2009.

1. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry, i don't know if i made that clear enough. you need an account in order to login to sirius/xm. whether that is a 30 day free trial or a paid monthly subscription, but you need to have an account.

and if you have an actual radio, you need to pay for the internet services in order to listen online (which is that $2.99/mo).

i think if they were smart(er), they should develop more applications for more devices to open up their services to a broader range of people.

2. Stigy

Stigy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay well I asked becuase I have an XM account for the radio in my car that costs x.xx/monthly (not sure exactly).

BUT if I wanted to listen online or via XMicroPlayer on my desktop it would require me to pay AN EXTRA $2.99/monthly for the "internet streaming" package.

That was what my question was regarding the .asf stream, but I think I answered it myself since the XMicroPlayer probably uses the asf stream and the extra $2.99/monthly is required for that to work.

3. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have XM, but I grandfathered myself into the one year plan with internet for "free" until that expires. if i can't come up with a solution for android by the time that expires, i'll probably just cancel it.

4. Stigy

Stigy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't get grandfathered into the free internet plan for a year. They just **** mine off.

Darn okay well I shall see what I come up with in my research.

5. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol. did you pay for an entire year up front? cause that's what i did, and that's what you had to do (or get the lifetime).

i'm glad i did, as i listened on my winmo device the entire time. my one year is up in jan. now i'm listening to pandora (which is meh).

if i could figure out the stupid dev environment, i'd start coding my own apps to how i want them.

6. Stigy

Stigy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking into the dev environment, but I haven't learned Java although it resembles C# .NET which I know pretty well.

I am taking a Java class in the spring so I will see what I come up with though.

7. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i took a java class, but i'm more familiar with VB. it's all the same, imo, that is if you don't let the technical jargon distract you and you just learn the code.

once i get the dev up and my first hello world running, i'll be on FIRE! lol.

8. ujhony03

ujhony03 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you can do the streaming by using Orb with uSirius. I've been doing it for years. Works on Android

9. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've read about that workaround and it's just that, a workaround. to be able to have channel control, store favorites and even record audio would be my goal in an application.

10. ujhony03

ujhony03 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    gotcha. All i stream through orb are just my fav channels and orb lets you pick what station to listen to.
    I even stream home video to my droid through it. But i get what you mean by stand-alone app. Similar to the iPhone one (i had it)

11. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'll have to look more into orb. i dropped the idea when i constantly read people complaining about errors, etc.

12. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I just went online and you can do everything except actually hear the audio. I signed in and the "player" popped up I selected Howard Stern, the Howard 100 then selected the station and it said now playing Howard 100. The only thing missing is the audio at this point. I think once flash comes out it'll be a go.

Search tags for this page

can i sream serius satellite radio on my blue tooth

cant stream sirius internet radio through bluetooth

listen to sirius xm without flash

non-flash sirius playe
playing sirius through bluetooth

sirius internet radio without flash

sirius streaming player

sirius url stream

stream sirius bluetooth

streaming rate for sirius radio over phone