Sirius Streaming?

Stigy

Reaction score
I didn't get grandfathered into the free internet plan for a year. They just **** mine off.

Darn okay well I shall see what I come up with in my research.

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol. did you pay for an entire year up front? cause that's what i did, and that's what you had to do (or get the lifetime).

i'm glad i did, as i listened on my winmo device the entire time. my one year is up in jan. now i'm listening to pandora (which is meh).

if i could figure out the stupid dev environment, i'd start coding my own apps to how i want them.

Stigy

Reaction score
lol. did you pay for an entire year up front? cause that's what i did, and that's what you had to do (or get the lifetime).

i'm glad i did, as i listened on my winmo device the entire time. my one year is up in jan. now i'm listening to pandora (which is meh).

if i could figure out the stupid dev environment, i'd start coding my own apps to how i want them.
I am looking into the dev environment, but I haven't learned Java although it resembles C# .NET which I know pretty well.

I am taking a Java class in the spring so I will see what I come up with though.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i took a java class, but i'm more familiar with VB. it's all the same, imo, that is if you don't let the technical jargon distract you and you just learn the code.

once i get the dev up and my first hello world running, i'll be on FIRE! lol.

ujhony03

Reaction score
you can do the streaming by using Orb with uSirius. I've been doing it for years. Works on Android

Silver Member
Reaction score
i've read about that workaround and it's just that, a workaround. to be able to have channel control, store favorites and even record audio would be my goal in an application.

ujhony03

Reaction score
gotcha. All i stream through orb are just my fav channels and orb lets you pick what station to listen to.
I even stream home video to my droid through it. But i get what you mean by stand-alone app. Similar to the iPhone one (i had it)

Silver Member
Reaction score
gotcha. All i stream through orb are just my fav channels and orb lets you pick what station to listen to.
I even stream home video to my droid through it. But i get what you mean by stand-alone app. Similar to the iPhone one (i had it)
i'll have to look more into orb. i dropped the idea when i constantly read people complaining about errors, etc.

brianr0131

Reaction score
Actually I just went online and you can do everything except actually hear the audio. I signed in and the "player" popped up I selected Howard Stern, the Howard 100 then selected the station and it said now playing Howard 100. The only thing missing is the audio at this point. I think once flash comes out it'll be a go.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually I just went online and you can do everything except actually hear the audio. I signed in and the "player" popped up I selected Howard Stern, the Howard 100 then selected the station and it said now playing Howard 100. The only thing missing is the audio at this point. I think once flash comes out it'll be a go.
agreed. i tried it too, but it clearly says that flash and/or java is missing somewhere on their page. i get further on the droid than i do the Wii, so i'm hopefuly flash will resolve the "issue."

romeov

Reaction score
i'll have to look more into orb. i dropped the idea when i constantly read people complaining about errors, etc.

Am I missing a better Orb app for android? All I have found is Androrb, which I have to say is not very good. is there another?

coondogg97

Reaction score
This is the #1 app I am waiting for. There is an app I use on my Touch called Pocket Tunes. It allows you to stream both Sirius and XM along with a ton of other stations. Sport stations from around the country, weather from different states, it even has a police scanner. That along with Simplify Media are the 2 apps I want most on this phone.

biggestmexi

Reaction score
on xm's and siri's sights for the online players they both actually require Windows Media player 11 plug-in

Inundated

Reaction score
Windows Media streaming is a no-go on Droid right now.

The "IHeartRadio" folks, who put out a boatload of Clear Channel radio streams, are supposedly working on porting the app (now on iPhone/iTouch/BB) to Android. Maybe that'll open up some WM/.asf stuff, since Clear Channel uses it extensively.

darreno1

Reaction score
While searching for shoutcast in the market I came across Droidlive lite that streams shoutcast. You can pickup Howard 101 on it as well as some good music stations.

I'd like to have sirius on my phone as well. Hopefully one will be available soon.