Sim card

penut_gallery

Reaction score
Hi
When i first git the phone it kept telling me i had a "sim card authorization error"
So i got a new card from my provider. This was maybe 2 months ago.
And It started giving me the same message about 10 minutes ago:(
Help please. What does it mean? Do i have to replace the card again? Is there a way to make the message go away?
Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR

gobi42

Reaction score
So version is sending my sister a new Sim card to fix her data issues anyone ever have them do that??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems to help, but not enough to cure all Bionics.

When I was getting the "Check for update not available at this time" message I was in the habit of removeing the sim card and battery, then replacing the batter only and powering up. Then I'd power down, remove the battery, replace both sim card & battery and powered up. Once I fried the card by putting it in backwards. I could get 3G, but not 4G. Verizon replaced my card and 4G came up immediately. But in my case, I never had the data issue others did.

WorstSniper

Reaction score
My sim card that i have had in my phone for 3 months is suddenly stopped working.

It's been plugged into my phone for 3 months and i got a message saying "Missing sim card" The sim card cannot be found"

..... what

Last edited by a moderator:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I made a minor correction in your title.

I would see about taking it to your carrier to see if the card somehow got damaged or the slot got cockeyed. I have heard of cards going bad for no apparent reason.