SIM Card Issue

amdmanken

Reaction score
I got my DNA just under a month ago. I started getting a message saying that your device needs a SIM card. I restarted and the message went away until the next day. Called Verizon and found it is a known issue. They offered to replace the phone with a pre-certified phone, but not promises of that resolving the issue. Verizon tech support advised that not every DNA has this issue, and they are working on a software update. HTC advised that the update is available but the carrier is holding it back. I did get the SIM card replaced and have not received the error, but I am still getting the network cut out issue, and calls dropping. Anyone else experiancing this issue??

drastik211

Reaction score
I have that exact issue! I'll notice that I have no service and it will tell me I need to unlock my sim card and call customer service. I restart the phone and it's all good. Highly annoying though. Happens about 1-2 times per week.

goodwill295

Reaction score
Some Google searching suggests that the SIM card may not be properly inserted into its slot. Try taking the SIM card out and make sure the contacts are clear and that it is flush with the plastic piece that it goes in. This seems to have worked for others but not for me. I hope they patch it up soon, I don't really want to go through the hassle of getting a replacement phone...

Sherry

Reaction score
I had the issue with the SIM card did the reboot and the reset of the card and it seemed to work for awhile. Started happening again so I just went to my Vz store and got a new card. Have not had that issue again. However, I have had the call drop issue and that is SO ANNOYING!!!! Wish they would go ahead and get the update out.

zynx

Reaction score
Experiencing this problem and it is highly annoying - I have to restart the phone periodically throughout the day. I don't recall the Verizon rep inserting any SIM card into the phone when I bought it, so I'm not sure why it says "No SIM card". Phone's just about 2 months old and this isn't what I would consider acceptable for a premium phone from a supposedly premium carrier. Any idea when the software patch comes out?

Robster

Reaction score
I don't recall the Verizon rep inserting any SIM card into the phone when I bought it, so I'm not sure why it says "No SIM card".

The SIM card comes pre-installed in the phone. It is located on top to the right of the power button. Use the tool that came with phone (or a paperclip) and push it in the hole next to the SIM card slot. Remove the SIM card, wipe it off, then put it back in. See if that helps.

Robster

Reaction score
I spoke with a Verizon employee today and he said that there is an update in the works to address the SIM issue. He also said that the current fix for many people is to set their 'Mobile Data' to LTE/CDMA and NOT to Global. Hope this helps.

richiethec

Reaction score
Weird - I was having the SIM card issue...and then it simply stopped happening.

zynx

Reaction score
The SIM card comes pre-installed in the phone. It is located on top to the right of the power button. Use the tool that came with phone (or a paperclip) and push it in the hole next to the SIM card slot. Remove the SIM card, wipe it off, then put it back in. See if that helps.

Thanks - I popped it out, wiped the contacts, and popped it back in. Let's see if that does anything. Switching to LTE/CDMA hasn't done anything to help the problem in the past.