SIM Card verification

JCDenton771

Reaction score
I recently installed the new update on my RAZR and now it says I need to verify my account for my SIM card. The only problem is it is using the wrong e-mail address for my MOTOBLUR account and it will not let me change it. I need some help with this because I cannot use my phone at all!!

Cisco_Kid

Reaction score
Same Problem

I have the same problem. Phone wants a password for a motoblur account that doesn't exist. I tried to create one on line with that email address (my work email), but that didn't effect the phone in any way. Verizon support was clueless and Moto support said the only solution is a factory reset. I'm hoping I can try a rollback when I get home because a factory reset sounds like too much of a hassle for words.

I have to say my experience with Moto support has pretty much convinced me that I'm never buying another Moto device again.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have the same problem. Phone wants a password for a motoblur account that doesn't exist. I tried to create one on line with that email address (my work email), but that didn't effect the phone in any way. Verizon support was clueless and Moto support said the only solution is a factory reset. I'm hoping I can try a rollback when I get home because a factory reset sounds like too much of a hassle for words.

I have to say my experience with Moto support has pretty much convinced me that I'm never buying another Moto device again.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I've spent time on the forums for so many other phones and manufacturers, and I can say the problems and complaints here pale in comparison to virtually all other phones of this caliber. Furthermore, the Motorola radios (read cellular and 3G/4G), phone call quality, and build quality are considered the best in the industry.

In other words, some of us LOVE our Motorola phones. I have found tech support (both Verizon and Motorola) is generally as good as the person calling. If you are more technically savvy, you can assist the support person to narrow down the choices to the appropriate solution quicker. I admit that for the beginner often the suggestions are very few and may home in on a factory reset far too soon, but beginners are often the reason for the failures due to either user error or installation of an app that created the issue. As these phones get more and more powerful and complicated, this will progress.

I will say this...how many of you get any where near the level of support as is provided to you through Verizon and Motorola from your home computer manufacturers? If you called your computer company for every little issue you have, similar to how people will call for support on their phones, you would likely have to buy a contract for technical support, at least after the first 90 days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
JCDenton771

JCDenton771

Reaction score
If you put the phone in airplane mode and then turn it off and then on you can use the phone as long as it is in airplane mode. If you turn it off the same screen pops back up. Now I need your help further. Is there any good way to back up all of your data from the phone so that I can reset it and then put it all back on? I'm not rooted and not really looking to root I would just like to save all the data from my apps before I reset the phone.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If you put the phone in airplane mode and then turn it off and then on you can use the phone as long as it is in airplane mode. If you turn it off the same screen pops back up. Now I need your help further. Is there any good way to back up all of your data from the phone so that I can reset it and then put it all back on? I'm not rooted and not really looking to root I would just like to save all the data from my apps before I reset the phone.

To save data I think you need root. So if you aren't willing to root you're probably going to lose everything.

OP
JCDenton771

JCDenton771

Reaction score
To save data I think you need root. So if you aren't willing to root you're probably going to lose everything.

I just downloaded the new Droid RAZR utility featured on droid-life. What would I have to do to back-up all of my data?