sim card

cawp

Reaction score
i purchased my droid razr from vzw i did not want service with them too expensive so i was gonna get service with smart communcations, they have page plus, cricket, etc great service better price. but now they are telling me they can't use my droid razr because of the sim card. will my phone work without the sim card? help!! i just paid $500.00 for this phone and i love it but i hate vzw.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am confused about two things.

1. The SIM card is included inside the box.
2. The price for the Razr is $649 for off contract.

So how did you not get a SIM card and pay only $500 for the phone? By you purchased this from Verizon, do you mean some dude off the back of a truck in a McDonalds parking lot? The Razr needs the SIM card to enable the 4G capabilities of the phone on reputable networks, if you are interested in anything other than that a Google search would serve you better than these forums.

OP
C

cawp

Reaction score
Yes the sim card was included inside the box & i did pay $650 for it. Didn't know i had to be so technical with you, my bad. I did a google search do you think this was my first choice, no! My question was simple, can my phone work, dial, text, internet, the whole shabang without the sim card.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Sorry should have put a ;) in there to illustrate I was not trying to be a jerk. Seems though you already have the answer to your question, and that is no. If that is what the other companies you are wanting to go with are saying I would say that is correct. I was meaning a Google search to look for people that do unlocking allowing you to use the phone on other networks. Thus meaning Google would serve you better than here, is all I meant. Not that you are not welcome here, because you have a Droid so of course you are.

T

TheAlpha

Sorry should have put a ;) in there to illustrate I was not trying to be a jerk. Seems though you already have the answer to your question, and that is no. If that is what the other companies you are wanting to go with are saying I would say that is correct. I was meaning a Google search to look for people that do unlocking allowing you to use the phone on other networks. Thus meaning Google would serve you better than here, is all I meant. Not that you are not welcome here, because you have a Droid so of course you are.

Yes, yes you should have....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

monkey_man

Reaction score
The problem here is not the sim card mate... The Main Problem here is the fact that Verizon's phones are CDMA only except those global phones. With Global phones, you must be their members for at least 6 months to get their unlock code. Once you get the unlock key, you will not be able to unlock another Global phones for another year and a half (as I can remember). This "unlocked" phones will work elsewhere besides US. Regular phones with sim card slots nowadays are like security to access Verizon's 4G network. As long as the phone has clean ESN, then you must find best provider that is using CDMA network that covers the phone's bandwidth and of course using similar size sim card. Good Luck!