Silly me - mini USB FYI

cp24eva

Reaction score
Thought I had to get a new charger for the rezound charge port. VZW showed me that all you have to do is turn the standard charger jacks upside down and voila. Looks like HTC wasn't dumb after all. I didn't know this, but you all probably knew this. A different vzw rep sold me an extra charger.....they got me.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
If you had an Incredible before, you would have already known this. When I first got mine (a used Incredible) I was frustrated because I thought I couldn't charge it. A little experimenting proved I was wrong.

And pssst... it's a micro USB. :)

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Yeah, this one got me too. I just assumed it was a regular Micro USB port. Then, I got home and noticed a different kind of plug. I was pissed, thinking I had to buy a new car charger. I even gave my old one to the wife. A few days later I went into a different Verizon store. I asked the salesman if he had car chargers for the HTC. He said sure, and showed me one with a regular Micro USB plug. When I explained that the Rezound had a different kind of plug he looked totally perplexed. How do some of these people get hired and keep a job if they know nothing about the products they sell? I had to have him open a cord package from a new Rezound and point out the difference. When I saw the display model with a standard Micro USB plug inserted, I realized they are interchangeable. Doing some research online I discovered HTC's version is called ExtMicro USB. It's supposed to be a much more secure connection. I concur. When I plug it into the phone it feels solid as a rock, much more so than the standard plug. I had no intention of buying a ridiculously overpriced car charger ($30.00) from the Verizon store. I just wanted to see what kind of charger they were selling. I ended up buying a brand new one for $2.99 (with free shipping) off of eBay.

RH

EVSP

Reaction score
Yeah, this one got me too. I just assumed it was a regular Micro USB port. Then, I got home and noticed a different kind of plug. I was pissed, thinking I had to buy a new car charger. I even gave my old one to the wife. A few days later I went into a different Verizon store. I asked the salesman if he had car chargers for the HTC. He said sure, and showed me one with a regular Micro USB plug. When I explained that the Rezound had a different kind of plug he looked totally perplexed. How do some of these people get hired and keep a job if they know nothing about the products they sell? I had to have him open a cord package from a new Rezound and point out the difference. When I saw the display model with a standard Micro USB plug inserted, I realized they are interchangeable. Doing some research online I discovered HTC's version is called ExtMicro USB. It's supposed to be a much more secure connection. I concur. When I plug it into the phone it feels solid as a rock, much more so than the standard plug. I had no intention of buying a ridiculously overpriced car charger ($30.00) from the Verizon store. I just wanted to see what kind of charger they were selling. I ended up buying a brand new one for $2.99 (with free shipping) off of eBay.

RH

I concur!! I originally had a D1 and read this post... All my charging/USB/car charger cords for my D1 fit the Rezound, too... I mistakenly bought a new car charger not knowing better til now - luckily its still in the sealed package and I still have the receipt ;) thank you for this post! :)

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I was a but peeved myself. I was bad mouthing HTC like, "why with such an awesome phone would they make us switch our chargers out ! Idiots." Only it was me that were the idiot. Haha

Fastbird

Reaction score
I am SOOOOO glad I saw this. I was just getting ready to make a post asking where to get extra cables for this phone, and I stumbled across this. I'll be danged if my OG Droid, my wife's Droid 2, and her old BB Storm chargers all worked! Awesome! I can keep a cable in the car with the car charger (usb input charger, way cheaper than buying a proprietary phone charger) now!

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I figured I couldn't be the only one that thought this. That's why I posted it.