Dual-USB Charger

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by Armando Penblade, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Armando Penblade

Armando Penblade New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My fiancee chiefly charges her iPod and cell in her car, which she basically lives in. Since she's only got one cigarette lighter, this could create a struggle between her new Droid and her iPod.

Previously, the car charger she bought for her old Samsung Blackjack had dual outputs: one was the standard Samsung charging jack at the time, and the other was a female USB port, which she'd plug her iPod into while charging her phone.

Are there any dual female USB car chargers (or maybe Droid-specific mini-USB jack + female USB port models) that this forum could recommend for her? We already tried plugging the USB-to-miniUSB cord that came with the phone into the open USB port on the old Samsung charger (just for fun) and the Droid did not recognize it as a power source. . . so I don't want to just go buy some dual-port charger from a fly-by-night company and be stuck with a dud!

Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions :)

2. coolkidd

coolkidd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using Griffin Dual USB Car Charger (for my Droid and iPod Touch)

3. Smitty258

Smitty258 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go to Amazon, and in the search type in "dual usb car charger". You'll get a ton of results including the Griffin one mention by the previous post.

4. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0