1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about monoprice charger

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by ihaveworms, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ihaveworms

ihaveworms New Member

I recently got this charger: For only $1.00 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - Black | Car Charger Accessories

However, when I plug it in on my droid, I am not seeing that it is charging. I am going to be using it as my GPS on a 450 mile trip on Friday and I can't have the battery dying on me. Does anyone else have this charger and seeing that it is not charging? Is it actually charging? I tried taking out the battery and booting off just this charger and it would not work.
  2. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

Hmm, I bought two and they both work for me. Check your cable, as I've had trouble with some cables not working right with different chargers. Are you using the stock cable that came with the phone or another one? And the obvious, is the red light on the charger on?
  3. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

Oh, and if the battery is too hot, the phone won't let it charge until it cools off.
  4. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

I have this and mine charges. Looks like you got a defective one.
  5. takeshi

takeshi New Member

This is odd. The specs for the charger state:
    I hope it's 1A but 500mA ! = 1A. You might want to confirm. 500mA probably won't cut it for use with GPS. 1A is good though. The photo seems to indicate that it's 1000mA (i.e. 1A).
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  6. egridley

egridley New Member

I bought this exact adapter a few days ago. The website (at the time) said 1000mA, but the charger only says 500mA (They have changed the website to only show 500mA). I knew that would be a problem and sure enough, it doesn't work. I emailed them about the discrepancy, and they said that the website is wrong and they don't have any of the 1000mA adapters. They did offer me a refund without requiring me to return it, though, so that's good! :)

My guess is that their source for the 1000mA adapters ran out, so all they have are 500mA adapters now.

I did find this, though: DealExtreme: $2.63 1000mA Car Cigarette Powered USB Adapter/Charger (DC 12V/24V). It does say 1000mA, and the reviews say that it works with "that other device", so we'll see how it goes. I ordered one, but haven't received it yet.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
Search tags for this page

monoprice charger stopped

monoprice portable mobile charger