signature verification error with 2.2

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Hello all.... i have searched high and low for an answer but can't fine one other than "download a different version of froyo from a different website."

I first get a can't find removable cache error E: when I start in recovery mode, then I get a signature verification error when I try to do the update.zip install.

any thoughts? I rooted my X without using ADB, then I renamed some apps using ADB method and then I named them back to the original using root explorer. I didn't delete anything. I even "unhid" some apps with launcher.

any thoughts?
thank you in advance!

larond

Reaction score
are you still looking for an answer....maybe I can help

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Everyone gets that error with the recovery so don't worry about that, there is a fix for it but don't think it is doing damage. You sure you named back all the files that were renamed? Did you move your su with root explorer to the xbin folder? I have a copy of the zip I got that day that I have used twice so know it is good if you want it.

droidxep

Reaction score
Just rooted but I dont have the superuser app. Tried downloading it from the market and it didnt work. Tried installing from sd card and got same error you got. None of my root apps are working but terminal is telling me im rooted.Kind of lost now, not sure what to do.

Chooch551

Reaction score
E: signature verification failure... please help...

I am having the same problem. I had a problem earlier today. Initial issue has been resolved. I am trying to load a rom... I am rooted, rom manager, clockwork. Everytime I get to the main menu in recovery, I only have 4 options. Reboot, applysdcard:update, wipe data/ factory reset/ wipe cache part./wipe baseband. I and really frustrated. Can someone help me please...

Thank's

Chooch