SIAP - Root S4 vrunk1

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
Sorry if there's a thread on this but I searched the forums and couldn't find it.
I have a S4 4.4.2 VRUFNK1 build and I deleted some important files that I need recovered. I tried Wondershare's Dr Fone but it told me I needed root access. So I'm willing to do the root to recover this stuff. If there's a non-root version I'll try it too, but I've been unsuccessful so far.

I can't seem to find a root program for this build, the builds are different and I'm afraid to try something unless I know for sure it's for my phone to fear of making it worse.

Does anyone have a root solution for this build that they know if relatively safe(understanding that root in itself can be unsafe)?

OP
ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
So I tried to root with Towelroot, but it says my device isn't supported, I've seen online that altering the modstrings doesn't work either so I didn't bother trying and the more complicated fix is not something I'm comfortable with. It requires extra knowledge that I just don't think I'm going to be able to do right now.
Any way to recover pictures from the SD card while connected to the phone without root?

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
No. You well need to plug the SDCard directly into a PC and use recovery software on the pc

Last edited: