Should I wait or get the Eris

OP
E

EchoX860

Reaction score
At this point I'm really considering it.

and I never said the droid was made to look 'pretty' I just wish it didn't look like ****

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If the Droid looked better I'd get it, I guess I'll wait. My friend is trying to convince me to get the new BB.

I was in the same boat...kinda...when I got my Droid too. After learning the phone (and especially rooting it), I only saw the screen and performance end and didn't pay anymore attention to anything else. Cases could also be another alternative to "pretty" up the phone too. Just don't want to see you sacrifice quality and performance for looks, that's all.

kmo

Reaction score
If you're willing to hold out and wait, you will
not be disappointed with the Incredible.
If not, don't get the original MotoDroid. Definitely get one of the new
phones that are coming out.

BzB

Reaction score
wait for the incredible.

i wouldn't recommend the droid either at this point, droid 2 is right around the corner and is both better looking and better performing.

keep hearing conflicting things about the droid x. i'd suggest a wait and see approach with that phone. of course if it comes out and is the best thing since boobs then you jump on it!

HeroNova

Reaction score
You can check Bestbuy. They have been trickling in to Bestbuy stores in my area a few at a time. You can stop in and see if you get lucky. That's how I got my second Incredible. I walked into my local Bestbuy the other day and they said they had one in stock, so I picked it up. Whenever I went in before that, they said that the Incredibles come in a few at a time when their trucks come. There is no rhyme or reason to their shipments of the Incredibles. They said it is the same as with the new iPhone. They will just get one box in with a few devices every other truck. I went in a few times looking for a new incredible with no luck, then bam, they had one in the other day. Only two came in on that truck.

If you really want the Incredible, wait it out or check in here and there with your local Bestbuy or Bestbuy Mobile. If not, I'd say pick up a Moto Droid or Moto Droid X. Definitely do not settle for the Eris.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I have owned the MotoDroid and loved it. Then I got the Incredible, That was awesome !! I am looking at getting the MotoDroidX next. If I were you, wait till July 15th, go to your Local VZW Store and play with all of them, then decide.

Going to a BB, is like a step back in time in my opinion. The only ones who would recommend you getting a BB, Have never tried an Android Powered Phone !!

tazzpatriot

Reaction score
i have both the droid and the eris and personally i like them both , not sure y people dont like it but i guess everyone has an opinion

Lynx

Reaction score
i have both the droid and the eris and personally i like them both , not sure y people dont like it but i guess everyone has an opinion

I dont think its that people dont like them, I think its more of why would you get an outdated phone when your locked in for 2 years.

jrodizkool01

Reaction score
If you already had hopes to get an Incredible, you're going to be severely disappointed if you get an Eris. The Eris is less powerful and has less features than the Incredible.

Toe_Cutter

Reaction score
If you settle for an Eris, or a Droid, then you KNOW that when the Incredible (or Droid X) finally does arrive, you'll sorely regret not waiting.

I paid $600 for my Droid Incredible and I'm perfectly happy with it. Not just satisfied, but genuinely enthused with it. It's an amazing phone, even my iPhoning friends admit it's a better phone.

That said, you could always buy one off-contract. I needed a phone ASAP, and they kept extending the restock date over and over again, so I broke down and got mine from a dealer, and paid retail.

If you need one now, that's my suggestion. Otherwise, you'll be waiting another 2 years before you can get a modern Android phone?

Last edited:

kmo

Reaction score
To the OP: OK so have you at least decided to not get the Eris? C'mon man the suspense is killing me, haha...

Chowder

Reaction score
I call my Eris "Satan's Little Helper." Get the moto or something else...