Strom -> Eris

marlon3

Reaction score
I'm also thinking of moving from the storm1 to the eris. from what i have read, i'm a little concerned about not being able to sync my outlook. I don't want to depend on gmail/gcal to keep my info. Anyone else with this problem?

OP
F

Franknbeans

Reaction score
I have been a gmail user for a long while. . . thus i can help you with the outlook issue. Sorry.

But over all, the Eris, IMO, is a far better phone than the storm.

lowtech

Reaction score
I've only had the Eris for 2 days now and I am loving the phone!

Typing is so, SO much better than the Storm.

One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to delete applications I don't want on the phone.

Any one know how to do this?

In the Markert, under My Downloads, find the app you want to dump and choose uninstall.

However, if it is an app that came installed on the phone, it is yours for life :dry:... you cannot delete those.

OP
F

Franknbeans

Reaction score
ahhh... yeah it was a couple that came with the phone. . and a couple i downloading, thinking I needed it.

thanks!

lowtech

Reaction score
ahhh... yeah it was a couple that came with the phone. . and a couple i downloading, thinking I needed it.

thanks!

Learn to love the former... or ignore them - and enjoy playing with the Market apps... I must have tried a gazillion since I got this Eris and have actually kept maybe a dozen - but it's lots of fun trying them out!

Guchi

Reaction score
I've only had the Eris for 2 days now and I am loving the phone!

Typing is so, SO much better than the Storm.

One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to delete applications I don't want on the phone.

Any one know how to do this?

Menu > settings > applications > manage applications

OP
F

Franknbeans

Reaction score
One thing I am missing from my Storm is the different notification sounds for Email / Text / Facebook.

lowtech

Reaction score
One thing I am missing from my Storm is the different notification sounds for Email / Text / Facebook.

I just keep mine silent and watch the pretty little trackball blink...blink... (I am such a dork sometimes!! :))

OP
F

Franknbeans

Reaction score
hell I didn't know the track ball blinked... does it have to be on silent for that?

lowtech

Reaction score
hell I didn't know the track ball blinked... does it have to be on silent for that?

I don't know... you will find the settings under Menu/Settings/Sound and Display. There you can chose a lot of settings for notifying you about emails, etc. I don't recall if the blinky-blinky is listed in there, but is it certainly somewhere in the settings. I really like it... beeps and tweets, not so much~

OP
F

Franknbeans

Reaction score
Another question if anyone can help me. .

Under HTC Widget -> People

Some how I got one of my contacts there with the little rolodex symbol . So when I click on the Name it gives me the option to Call or send message. . All the other names I have there I could only pick one or the other. . .

I read through the online manual and didn't see how I can get the rolodex symbol on the other names.

Any ideas?