Help with 3 week old Eris

Archerjostle

Reaction score
So i bought it about 3 weeks ago and i JUST remembered thinking the saleperson said something along the lines that my eris is 1.5 and can/needs to be downloaded to 2.0????? Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so what does this download do and how do i perform it? Thanks
LOVE THIS FORUM

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i don't know much about the eris but the updates come over the air. when it's released you'll get a notification to install it in your notification bar :D

Crondar

Reaction score
2.x has not been released yet for the Eris, we are all patiently waiting however.:icon_eek:

PS , like Corinacakes said, when it IS released you should get an update notification.

chassum

Reaction score
There was a minor firmware update for the Eris a coupla weeks ago. You may see a notification for that. The OverTheAir update is quick & painless.

OP
A

Archerjostle

Reaction score
Thanks for replys! Another thing that crossed my mind is they said to me that this download or whatever it is will make the Eris exactly the same as the Motorola one...maybe i should have listened more closely to them..thanks anyway peeps!

J R

Reaction score
Yes, we are all waiting for that.

Ive had my ERIS since November and had 2 "Over the Air" downloads, which means you dont have to take your phone back in to verizon for updates.

When the updates comes--it was said to be an over the air download too--mostly like an app download but takes a little longer and you get a homescreen message popup about it.

What you get? Faster browsing phone, Voice navigator and some apps that have more animation. Eris will always have the 7 customizable screens called sense UI and that is a feature the other phones dont have and also the reason we dont already have the current OS.