Will the Inc constantly be on backorder?

jm_gagnon

Reaction score
It depends on what type of phone you are coming from. As the BB was considered a 'smartphone' (although it's NOWHERE near as SMART or functional as my DINC) I qualified for a $100 NE2 upgrade discount. Combined with online rebates, etc., I paid $99+ tax

My wife as example has a LG Voyager Titanium. Her NE2 discount is only $50. So, when we get her DINC (cuz she loves mine), it will set me back $150 + tax....

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Was there ever a verdict on changing the screen to the SLCD. I thought that was going to happen then seemed like word of that change slowed down and went away. Seems the screen is the main thing that keeps holding this phone up.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine on 8/01/2010, the site said it would be shipped by 8/06. I received in on 8/05. So, whatever the date shows on the site, it WILL BE shipped by. It was worth the 4 days wait. There was roughly 2 days between ordering and receiving the email that says the phone shipped.
Did yours come with the Amoled screen, like mine and everyone elses that got theirs on initial release, it has been said since all the Amoled screen shortages that HTC went to SLCD from Sharp with the new screens for the Incredible, I hope they did not do that, since Amoled in my eyes smokes LCD screens, matter of fact one of my coworkers just got a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S with a Super Amoled 4" screen "man that thing looks sweet", his girlfriend works for T-Mobile so she got it for him on her plan, he told me it runs her like $40 a month unlimited "employer monthly discount".

ptsmith24

Reaction score
I'm on the HTC site and it says "In Stock" for the Incredible. The upgrade price is $150 (that includes an instant rebate). The overnight shipping isn't free, but that's non-issue if it's actually in stock. I was planning on ordering straight from Verizon (and probably still will) since I have another month before I can upgrade; I'm not really sure what the supply will look like then with the release of the Droid2 (especially if D2 stock can keep up with demand).
Could I use a New Every 2 upgrade on the HTC site and get it for $50?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but NE2 only applies to orders from VZW. However, I have heard of Best Buy price matching the NE2 discount, so it may be worth calling HTC.

twigadee

Reaction score
Ordered my DINC on the Verizon website with an upgrade/2 year contract renewal/internet discount and spent $104 with taxes. Ordered mine on July 23 when the site said it was backordered 8/06. Received mine 7/30.

upinsmoke

Reaction score
As for the backlog, there is a HUGE one day backlog atm.

For the screen - its going to be staying with the amoled screen. HTC is going to be taking other models and converting to SLCD screens.