Should I update to 98.72.16?

rhwimmers

Reaction score
I am running 98.72.8.xt912 and 4.1.2 and just got an update asking to go to 98.72.16. I am rooted so I can use wifi tether. My phone has been really jacked up lately - updates not working, google play crashing and basically it crashes several times a day. I just click ok and resume whatever i'm doing so its not a huge deal, but wondering if updating to 98.72.16 will help with this, and also wondering if I will loose root. The last time I did an OTA update I did loose root.
Thanks for any input.

XXDroidZillaXX

Reaction score
I can't say if you'll lose root or not updating to .16 because I wasn't rooted when I updated. However, I rooted shortly after my update using RAZR_Blade and it was no problem rooting at all.

You might also look into OTA root keeper or voodoo. I believe that's the name, I've seen posts on here about both. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
R

rhwimmers

Reaction score
Well went to get ota root keeper and google play crashed, now cant even open it (even after reboot). One of the errors I get is the process com.google.com.process.googleapps.com (something along those lines). Might be best to wipe clean and start over?

XXDroidZillaXX

Reaction score
Maybe so.. I think I would just update and reroot. Thats just my opinion though,I'm far from a professional. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2