what to do now....at least it isn't bricked

joeywavesport

Reaction score
Had phone rooted and safestrap and playing with multiple ROMs with ease and fun. Wanted to show off the HDMI features to a friend but the stock ROM was the only one working. Well the stock ROM wanted to update and without thinking I said OK, and as soon as it started it occurred to me this was not a good idea. So the phone updated to current version 4.1.2 98.72.16.XT912 and works fine but Safestrap 3.11 boot menu is gone but the safestrap app program listed and crashes when launched. The SU app is also listed in the apps, it runs but if you attempt to change anything you get a "installation failed". There is no option to remove SU app. There is an option to remove safestrap - but afraid it will make this worse. I want my root back but not sure where to go from here with out bricking my little buddy. :blink:

thanks in advance :icon_ lala:

4low4fun

Reaction score
Well your ROMs are gone... Might as well FDR the stock ROM and start from scratch with safe strap.. I suggest blurry rom

OP
joeywavesport

joeywavesport

Reaction score
Well your ROMs are gone... Might as well FDR the stock ROM and start from scratch with safe strap.. I suggest blurry rom

yea I knew the ROMs were gone....

Did the factory hard reset - and I get a graphic of an android lying on his back with its chest opened with an exclamation mark in a red triangle over him. then automatically reboots to same goofed up stock ( 98.72.16.XT912 ).

I believe I need to use Droid Razr Utility 1.7 to do a factory reset - hoping to get some confirmation on this. or is there better way or version !?!?!:blink:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
yea I knew the ROMs were gone....

Did the factory hard reset - and I get a graphic of an android lying on his back with its chest opened with an exclamation mark in a red triangle over him. then automatically reboots to same goofed up stock ( 98.72.16.XT912 ).

I believe I need to use Droid Razr Utility 1.7 to do a factory reset - hoping to get some confirmation on this. or is there better way or version !?!?!:blink:

the latest versions are usually here Utility Belt

OP
joeywavesport

joeywavesport

Reaction score
DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean did the trick - ver 1.92 (thanks Matt) - restored to factory data wiped...THANKS