Should I stay on 2.5?

adsfa34

Reaction score
3.0.1 is pretty solid -- honestly i love it. just do a nandroid backup, wipe thoroughly (i recommend a full /system wipe, /data and /cache, each 3X and wipe dalvik cache too) and give it a shot. it's totally worth a flash :D

mine runs smooooth on the stock kernel set to 125-800mhz on interactive. awesome battery life too.

OP
F

flipsy

Reaction score
3.0.1 is pretty solid -- honestly i love it. just do a nandroid backup, wipe thoroughly (i recommend a full /system wipe, /data and /cache, each 3X and wipe dalvik cache too) and give it a shot. it's totally worth a flash :D

mine runs smooooth on the stock kernel set to 125-800mhz on interactive. awesome battery life too.
does this wipe clean my sd card?

adsfa34

Reaction score
does this wipe clean my sd card?

that wouldn't be very helpful would it? you wouldn't be able to install the rom ;)

so, short answer: nope :)

just navigate to "partitions" in clockwork and select each partition (/system, /data, and /cache...i wipe boot too just because it's on the menu lol), then back out using the power button, go to "advanced" and click "wipe dalvik cache" and you'll be squeaky CLEAN to install UD 3.0.1! dancedroid

EDIT: oh, and for the sake of redundancy... nandroid backup nandroid backup nandroid backup! ... just in case you don't dig it (...you don't need to do three backups... i just did that for "effect" lol)

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I like it. Its definitely worth a try. Just make sure you back up your 2.5 so you can go back if you want.

Play a jam!

Troops2990

Reaction score
I had to switch back I was not receiving all my texts for some reason

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

adsfa34

Reaction score
I had to switch back I was not receiving all my texts for some reason

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

under Ultimate Settings > Special > Performance Settings > Lock Messaging App in Memory

cleared that up for a lot of people -- i never had a time where i didn't have it checked because i knew about that feature from cm7, so i never had a period of time where i wasn't receiving my texts properly

smtom

Reaction score
3.x, meh .... gingerbread is not all that, imo. 2.5, solid as a rock.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

csphokie

Reaction score
3.0.1 was VERY fast and smooth for me, but it had too many bugs (and I wiped EVERYTHING multiple times before installing). I was losing texts, the gallery was acting weird, and programs would just close on me.

I switched to Liquid GB, and it's not as fast, but not as many bugs. I will probably be back when some of the bugs get worked out.

Darksthour

Reaction score
I had to switch back recently. 3.0.1 has is incredibly fast but I wasn't getting texts and pandora and other apps would close a lot on my cause GB is such a memory hog. Probably gonna wait another release and check that out but untill then 2.5 works great for me.

Dolfan

Reaction score
I tryed 3.0, had some app issues, foreclose problems and things like that...mainly gmail not working with 3.0 so I went back to 2.5...its been good to me...

Bob

adsfa34

Reaction score
I tryed 3.0, had some app issues, foreclose problems and things like that...mainly gmail not working with 3.0 so I went back to 2.5...its been good to me...

Bob

i had a fair # of FC issues as well on 3.0.1. fyi --- if by "gmail not working" you mean that it was not pushing email, you have to manually enable sync on gmail in Settings>Accounts & Sync>[gmail account] and check "sync Gmail".

just an FYI for posterity :)

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
I flashed from 2.5 to 3.0.1 and then back to 2.5 and now I am back on 3.0.1 I wanted to try it more before I went back. Some odd things in 3.0.1 some minor things don't work for me but nothing that is a deal breaker. I'm going to run it this week to see how it works out.

jak86

Reaction score
I switched back to 2.5 as well. Tried 3.0 once and 3.0.1 twice but after trying everything I could it didnt work well for me. I locked messages into memory and overclocked with different kernals but not getting text messages and apps forceclosing are deal breakers for me. Most of the other bugs were manageable