Shortcuts - how to?

Nana2Callie

Reaction score
I noticed on the screen prints that some of you have shortcuts to particular web pages or sites online such as this forum. How do you do that? I have a couple of blogs that I would like to just be able to go directly to and read - but not sure how to make that happen.

Thanks,

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Just long press on open spot on desktop and choose shortcut>bookmark and select the site in your bookmarks you want.

Keep in mind you have to have the site saved as a bookmark in your browser first or it wont show up as an option.

Is this what you were asking?

~ DroidForums.net App ~

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello Nana I found that if you go to the selecteed web page and press the "settings button" on the bottom left of the D2 and then select "more" on the settings menu and then select "add shortcut to home". Hope this can help

(web page>settings>more>add shortcut to home)

*edit*

Mountain has also described a way here also

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do it either way especially with old bookmarks. Maybe the newer way can save you some time there mountain

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey mountain quick question for you. Do you know if its possible to change the stock battery icon in the status bar without rooting?

Rage423

Reaction score
just wanted to say thanks, i never knew the shorter way of doing this. just happen to sumble upon this thread