Web Shortcut Question/Help

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I posted this in another section, and over 100 people read it, but had no answer. So I will try it here.

I can see how to use the default browser to add a web shortcut to a screen, but I am not sure how to do this with the Chrome Browser. I wanted a shortcut with the name of the site, and an icon looks like a screen capture of the URL that the shortcut refers to (if that makes sense or is possible). ICS is totally new to me and I am not sure what is and is not possible.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
While viewing the web page you want to bookmark, select the menu button. In the upper right hand corner you will see an open star.

View attachment 57343

Tap the star and the bookmark window will open up. You can change the info or leave it and save it. Then go to back to the menu and you will see bookmarks. Select that and you will see you new bookmark.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks Mike.757
I am sorry I was confusing in my description. I can form a bookmark, but I want to take that bookmark, from its folder in the browser, and place it on one of my screens, like the home screen.

I am trying to quickly access a website without having to open the browser, open the bookmarks folder, and locate the bookmark, and open it. I just want to flip to the screen that contains the bookmark and click on it. Like a shortcut on a computer screen.
Thanks for your reply.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can do that directly. The best I saw was the cmarks app. You launch that app and it shows you your chrome bookmarks. Probably as close as you'll get. Hope that it works.

BTW, where in TX are you?