Sharing content is so yesterday.... About time

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How-to-Setup-Google-Play-Family-Library-on-Android-Phone.jpg

Yesterday I had the chance to try the Google Play Family Library and I have to wonder why this took so long?

I know there are checks that had to be put in place before studios, record labels, publishing companies, and app developers would agree to be on board, but it should be second nature to be able to share your content (especially with family). If I buy a movie and a family member want to view it, why should they have to purchase it or have access to my account to view the content.

This is something long over due and I am happy Google came on board and made this right.

Do you see iTunes or Amazon joining on board?

What issues have you had with Google Play Family Library thus far?

Source: Official Google Blog: Google Play Family Library: Share what you love with the ones you love

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the post @pc747 . I like this idea a lot and just signed up for it. I waited a long time for the Play Music family plan and that has been awesome for my family-of-four; and has saved me a lot of money compared to the Play Music cards I used to buy for the kids. I can see this being used a lot also, and think it's a great idea on Google's part. I definitely can see iTunes and Amazon implementing similar plans / features.

I just saw how easy it was to add the movies I have purchased using my Opinion Rewards money to my new Family Plan...open the movie and there is a new Family Library On/Off slider there. Very cool.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
This was more a curiosity thing to me for the most part, I don't use/view the stuff my family does. I don't buy/download games or watch movies, but they do. I use my phone and/or the Nexus Player for mostly YouTube. They use iOS & Fire TV. The sharing idea is nice, I might find more use in the future, but for now we don't use it.

Tapped from a Nexus 6

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Finally, I hate having my account on my wife's and daughter's phone. Sometimes my hangouts chats come on their phones and they always have access to my e-mail. Nothing to hide but when I buy osmething on Amazon as a gift for them, they could easily see it. I'll be giving this a try soon.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm wrong but I thought iTunes did this a while back.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
@bkdodger can you confirm?

Sorry I missed this. Take it from the Apple guy...Apple had Family Sharing for about 2 years now. Although, on first release there had to be a lot of tweaking done after that because people would lock themselves out of their Apple IDs from 'testing' jumping from family to family -_-

dja1980

Reaction score
Yet another option not supported by us Google Apps users. :(