Shall I be the first?

mrdroid

Reaction score
I agree about his team or whatever. Blackdroid seems like a nice guy but a couple of his team members bullying on the forums has really turned me off reading UD threads.

I'd like to check out Koush's work myself. did you use ROM Manager and do a full wipe?
i think with the rom manager it has a fix permisiion button so you dont have to wipe anymore i beliueve. i may be wrong though .

You should still do a full wipe coming from another ROM or if you're 5.0.5.4 or earlier and updating to 5.0.5.6 or 5.0.5.7

05Ravenr6

Reaction score
I think im gonna give koush's rom a shot this weekend. Ive been through quite a few the past couple of weeks and Ive been stuck on UD 9.0 cause I didnt feel like upgrading to 9.8 honestly. One thing that is driving me crazy and I believe it has to do with UD is the fact that I am only getting about half my pic messages that are sent to me

tats_06

Reaction score
I, as R1Lover, have been in love with Koush ROM. I have been running it since early 5.0.4.x versions and have no complaints...I added P3Droid 1.1 ghz kernel and couldn't be happier. :)

...and about ROM Manager....its such a handy tool, I cannot live without it. :)

D3C4F

Reaction score
You know what R1, you're right. As much as I like UD, I need a more stable ROM. I can't be updating every 2 days for small changes. I'm using cyanogen. If UD ever becomes perfectly stable I'll most likely go back. Any nice themes you can recommend for CM?

kauaigs

Reaction score
Lots of nice themes for CM. Just look in the themes section of the CM forum (for Droid).

Droid66

Reaction score
I recently switched over to cyanogen 5057 from UD 9.8. I'm really liking it and have had zero issues so far. I too was getting tired of updating and switching roms in search of a one that didn't have little problems here and there. I'm not saying one rom is better than the other for everyone. In the end it comes down to user preference. I think everyone should try out all the different roms and go with whatever fits their needs. For me Cyanogen fit with what I was looking for.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
I recently switched over to cyanogen 5057 from UD 9.8. I'm really liking it and have had zero issues so far. I too was getting tired of updating and switching roms in search of a one that didn't have little problems here and there. I'm not saying one rom is better than the other for everyone. In the end it comes down to user preference. I think everyone should try out all the different roms and go with whatever fits their needs. For me Cyanogen fit with what I was looking for.

+1
I agree

kauaigs

Reaction score
You know what R1, you're right. As much as I like UD, I need a more stable ROM. I can't be updating every 2 days for small changes. I'm using cyanogen. If UD ever becomes perfectly stable I'll most likely go back. Any nice themes you can recommend for CM?

To be more specific:

There is Nextheme, HexFusion, NexDeep, Black N Blue, Clean Black, Clean Look, Flavored Ice, Black Ice, RedruM, DarkStar, Dark SE 24k, Buuf, Smoked-esque Glass, Reaper, and a few others. More added all the time...

aldeghij

Reaction score
How do you go about removing Corp Cal, Email, etc on these ROMS? To me that is the big draw to BD's roms. I like to have the ability to remove what I don't want. Thanks!

anuraj1

Reaction score
How do you go about removing Corp Cal, Email, etc on these ROMS? To me that is the big draw to BD's roms. I like to have the ability to remove what I don't want. Thanks!

You can use Root Explorer from the market to delete them. navigate to system\app and press the Mount R/W button, then delete the apps you don't want.

kauaigs

Reaction score

You can use Root Explorer as the poster above says, but the cleanest way is in adb shell (or terminal)...for example

adb remount, adb shell

rm /system/app/CorpCal.apk

then

pm uninstall com.motorola.calendar

Do that for all the apps you want removed

run fix_permissions and you will be assured a clean removal

Last edited: