SGS3 Battery Life: Thanks, FoxKat!

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
Thanks, FoxKat, for the advice on how to charge my new phone's battery so that the meter is reading the power level properly!

Also, FYI, I got the Galaxy Tuesday, July 10. Charged it to 100% at 5:00 pm. Used it normally for me (calls, games, surfing) and the power level didn't reach 15% until 8:30 this morning, July 12.... nearly 40 hours on one charge! Not bad, especially since I didn't do anything special to conserve power, like turn it off at night, or change any settings.

honors21

Reaction score
Thanks, FoxKat, for the advice on how to charge my new phone's battery so that the meter is reading the power level properly!

Also, FYI, I got the Galaxy Tuesday, July 10. Charged it to 100% at 5:00 pm. Used it normally for me (calls, games, surfing) and the power level didn't reach 15% until 8:30 this morning, July 12.... nearly 40 hours on one charge! Not bad, especially since I didn't do anything special to conserve power, like turn it off at night, or change any settings.

What is the best way?

zacedward

Reaction score
Jmoore1701 said:

So u used it right out of the box no power savings at all and u got that much battery left and also what did u have to do making the metter reading powe properly whad did u do thanks i use mine for 20 min and i drop from 100% to 90%

skennelly

Reaction score
So u used it right out of the box no power savings at all and u got that much battery left and also what did u have to do making the metter reading powe properly whad did u do thanks i use mine for 20 min and i drop from 100% to 90%

Anyone getting 40+ hours (stock battery) on one charge does not use there phone at all. It stays in their pocket. If they say otherwise, I'd like to see screen shots.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

OP
Jmoore1701

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
Let me clarify:
I got the phone Tuesday afternoon, around 3:00... FoxKat's instructions were to charge the phone while it was still powered off. I don't know how much charge it had out of the box, probably around 50%. It took until 5:00 to get 100%.
Then I activated it, played with a few settings (ringtones, alarms and contacts), downloaded a few apps, made some calls (I only make 3-4 calls a day...what am I, a Kardashian?), played a few videos, and checked the weather, a few news sites, and that's it. Typical usage for me. I'm not interested in stress-testing my new baby. Maybe someday I'll need it to handle a heavy load of data and voice, but, in 2 years of Droid ownership, that's never happened.
ANYWAY, FoxKat says to charge the phone to 100% while powered off, then let the battery drain to 15%, then power off and recharge back to 100%, so that the meter can accurately measure the amount of charge in the battery. There's plenty of posts in this forum that go into detail as to why, and they're interesting reading.

zacedward

Reaction score
Jmoore1701 said:
Let me clarify:
I got the phone Tuesday afternoon, around 3:00... FoxKat's instructions were to charge the phone while it was still powered off. I don't know how much charge it had out of the box, probably around 50%. It took until 5:00 to get 100%.
Then I activated it, played with a few settings (ringtones, alarms and contacts), downloaded a few apps, made some calls (I only make 3-4 calls a day...what am I, a Kardashian?), played a few videos, and checked the weather, a few news sites, and that's it. Typical usage for me. I'm not interested in stress-testing my new baby. Maybe someday I'll need it to handle a heavy load of data and voice, but, in 2 years of Droid ownership, that's never happened.
ANYWAY, FoxKat says to charge the phone to 100% while powered off, then let the battery drain to 15%, then power off and recharge back to 100%, so that the meter can accurately measure the amount of charge in the battery. There's plenty of posts in this forum that go into detail as to why, and they're interesting reading.

Ok that clarifys stuff thanks so much