SGS3 horrible battery drain because of GPS

fungi

Reaction score
Sharing my day first:
Unplug my phone at 7a.m.
At 9 a.m.drive up to a near city for around 4.5 hours with low brightness and GPS on the whole time.
Reached the city at 11:40. Phone is only at about 40%

I've owned my SGS3 for a while. For the first couple of months, its battery life was not bad…but now my phone battery died much faster than before. Each time I went out morning by car/bike and want to use GPS at dusk but the battery was completely dead and the phone was off. Usually my GPS on the most time cuz I need to find routes from street, town, city or landmark to my destination.

I notice not much apps might take up high usage, so I think it is because of my regularly usage on GPS…Since carrying an extra battery or swapping to a bulky battery is acceptable for me so recently I began using extended battery to increase battery life and now I rely to a MPJ extra battery and a battery pack.

Wandering if I am the only one pick up extended battery/battery pack due to heavy use of GPS, or not? ;-)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No car charger?

GPS will certainly drain battery quickly so it's good that the s3 has a removable battery.

natsusa

Reaction score
you definitely need at least one extended battery mate... MPJ is not bad anyway...

OP
F

fungi

Reaction score
No car charger?

GPS will certainly drain battery quickly so it's good that the s3 has a removable battery.
No..don't have one...and the removable battery actually one of the reasons to buy s3 :happy3: