setting up IMAP account

dsw1519

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up my droid 4 to access my work e-mail via IMAP. I already have an IMPA account and was using this method to access work email on my D1 with no issues. When i setn up a new account "under "my accounts" and try to set up an IMAP account, there is no place to list the incoming and outgoing servers. Our email is not using exchange. Anyone have any suggestions?

CoolAndroid

Reaction score
If email client app can't automatically detect your email service incomming and outgoing settings you need to manually add them. You need to know incoming and outgoing server address, its port, authonicate type.

If you can mention your email service we can help to get it settings.

thanks!

reybie

Reaction score
I used the K-9 email app for this, I think there was a workaround if you use the standard email app.

OP
dsw1519

dsw1519

Reaction score
I downloaded k9, which is working kind of working. My only issue is I want my phone to access the inbox when I push the send receive button, and not automatically check e-mail. I only use the phone to check work e-mail occassionally, and don't want to burn the battery having it check. When I check off never, then hit "check email" it doesn't pull in new messages. Any ideas?

reybie

Reaction score
Hmm, sounds like what you want is the behavior of POP mail. Have you tried setting it up that way? The downside is mail is not synched between your phone and server but if you only do it on occassion and just for reading, it might be a workaround?

OP
dsw1519

dsw1519

Reaction score
My mail account is an IMPA account, and I sues IMAP to access mail from my laptop at home. The d1 would sync to the imap account with no problem, but the stock email app on the D4 doesn't give me a place to enter the incoming and outgoing server settings (except for the ports).