Exchange support

MJSheffield

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the original droid to the Droid 4. With the original Droid I had the ability to set up and sync my exchange account (currently hosted by Go Daddy), but I have been unable to set up that synchronization with the new Droid 4. I have tried the Corporate Sync, but it doesn't see the exchange server, and if you try to add a normal email account it will only connect to a pop or imap account. Anyone have any insight on how I can make this work?

Thanks

MJS

zertsman

Reaction score
my work requires a password. when i use the built in exchange functionality, i have to enter that password to make a phone call or check a txt.

i started using touchdown so now i only need a password to get onto touchdown and just swipe the screen to get in the phone.

doesn't answer your question, but it does work with the droid 4.

lundgren

Reaction score
works with mine too. Double check your settings

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

embj

Reaction score
I believe you're talking about where it says, "Login to the account failed, please try again." I ran into the exact same issue on two out of my three Exchange accounts. Took me FOREVER to figure out how to correct it.

I can't personally verify these these instructions, but from what I was reading, you setup your Gmail as a Corporate Sync account. Then, once you've done that, you go back into the settings of that account and type in your actual Exchange account settings: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3/159280-corporate-sync-cannot-connect-server-4.html

What I ended up doing to get mine to work was very similar, though--seeing as how I was able to get one of my Exchange accounts to work, I set that one up and just changed the settings to match my other Exchange account.

This issue could all be remedied if they'd give you the option to manually setup the account settings...hopefully, it will be fixed in the next update.

Sparkimus

Reaction score
I believe you're talking about where it says, "Login to the account failed, please try again." I ran into the exact same issue on two out of my three Exchange accounts. Took me FOREVER to figure out how to correct it.

I can't personally verify these these instructions, but from what I was reading, you setup your Gmail as a Corporate Sync account. Then, once you've done that, you go back into the settings of that account and type in your actual Exchange account settings: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3/159280-corporate-sync-cannot-connect-server-4.html

What I ended up doing to get mine to work was very similar, though--seeing as how I was able to get one of my Exchange accounts to work, I set that one up and just changed the settings to match my other Exchange account.

This issue could all be remedied if they'd give you the option to manually setup the account settings...hopefully, it will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks. I had to do this to set up my school account. I don't remember having this problem on the Droid 3.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

DCscribe

Reaction score
I spent several hours untangling this with my IT Dept, then Verizon and finally with Motorola, where the first tech had no idea what to do but a more senior guy did. As others said, you need to temporarily put in a personal email account (I used a yahoo account) to get to the screen where you put in your corporate exchange server info. As an 8-year BlackBerry user who just switched, let me just say, so far, not impressed. This is bread and butter type stuff that should have been fixed. I have other concerns (battery, truncated contact cards) that I'm also sorting through.

Anyway, here's the instructions:

http://motorola-global-en-usa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/79554

Last edited: