"Setting Profiles" users

bodean

Reaction score
Those who use this app, how do you like it?
I used to locale, but found $9.99 to be a joke. Moved to this app and really enjoy it.

What profiles do you set up? Right now just have a default, home, and a night profile.

BigRedGonzo

Reaction score
Great App

I use SP and love it. I looked at Locale when I started looking for an app, but I couldn't find anything that said it did what I wanted. I was initially looking for an app that would put the phone in Vibrate mode when I had meetings. I found a little app that just did that and nothing else, then I stumbled upon SP.

I use it to Vib during meetings. It silences everything when at church. It turns on WiFi when I get home. It turns on bluetooth when in the car dock and finally it cuts off all sounds except the phone ringer when I am asleep. All of the above are done automatically with no intervention from me.

I love this app!!:icon_ banana:

BigRedGonzo

tehpriest

Reaction score
Use it, love it. It loks at keywords in my diary and turns the phone to silent and then back again when the appointment ends. No more embarrassing sounds at the wrong time. Well not from the phone anyway.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I love this app. I hope people don't think I'm spamming because I talk about it so much! I have these profiles: Vibrate, Low Brightness, Normal, Night Charging, Car. Night charging is great because the phone goes silent except the ringer, which goes to low. SP senses when I plug the phone in (and also checks the time of day, which I have set to 9pm to 6am) and activates this profile for me. I love it because I can plug the phone in during the day in my car when streaming music and it won't silence the phone like it does at night. I use the car one to sense for connection to the OEM mount. It turns on Bluetooth, changes the screen timeout, and hightens the brightness. It used to turn on Slacker automatically, but I did have a bit of an issue with Slacker starting first, and then the stock "Car Home" opening on top of it. Of course, when unmounting, the phone goes back to it's normal profile. I have a Rule to activate the Vibrate profile when my Calendar says "*" (and I have it check marked to only do this for Busy events). That way, any appt in my calendar that shows me as busy will automatically put the phone in vibrate. If I don't want my phone going to vibrate for that appt, I put myself as "free" in the meeting notice. Lastly, I love the widget. No one talks about it, but it's a great one touch activation of any profile, or even set a profile for a specified amount of time. Often when I go to a meeting that's not on my calendar, I'll set my phone to vibrate for One Hour. I love that. Well, that's my take...

Just Dave

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to change my profile to a silent mode while I'm at work. The problem is I'm free to work whatever hours I wish, so doing a time of day rule doesn't help me very much. Can this program or another change to a different profile based on what cell tower I'm "connected" to? Does doing so affect battery charge life?

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
Being a pilot, is there a way to set up this application where if I no longer have cell phone coverage, it will switch into airplane mode? This would save me from having to always turn on airplane mode. If so, how would I set this up?
As far as coming out of airplane mode, I am not sure this program would be able to find a cell signal to come out, if it's in airplane mode.

jtennis

Reaction score
anyone know if juice defender will work with my settings profiles, or will it overide my settings? i was running my default setting today that is set for bluetooth on and i noticed bluetooth wasn't on!

tehpriest

Reaction score
Not sure about location based or cell mast but if you put into your diary "at work" or "In the air" for instance you can make a rule for it to switch at the time you set.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
Also noticed, when I go into setting profiles, and set new location, it shows me about 1/2 to a mile away from where I am actually at (Bucktown, Chicago area). So I have to create TWO locations, one where I am at, apartment.........the other in the area north of my location, that setting profiles THINKS I'm at. Why is this?

If I load up MAPS on my droid, it finds my location without any issue.