App: Settings Profiles -- Setting up?

jbsangel

Reaction score
The apps main page in the market states that conditions can be based on GPS locale. I would have to agree because I live right across the street from my university and have a gps set for on campus and my apartment and the two never conflict. When I cross the street from my apartment the phone switches profiles no problem and both locations use the same cell tower. I do not think this would be possible if it was based completely on cellular.

Yeah it does say location GPS and I'm not sure why because in the app itself in the guidelines and when setting the location, there are only 2 ways to do it and both are cellular. In addition the devs state on the website that the app doesn't and never has used GPS for determining location.

thaJack

Reaction score
I do not. I noticed that it had been added, but I don't see a need for it, personally.

cooltool

Reaction score
Anyone know how to set up specific profiles for incoming text messages?

My dilemma is that I have a sleep profile that turns all sounds and notifications off between certain hours at night. But sometimes during late hours of the night I receive text messages so I want to be able to make a list of "emergency" people to notify me based on the text message. Any thoughts?

dan j

Reaction score
Is the Lite version of Setting Profiles still the way to go? I need to set something up for profiles then I'm going to figure out how to do email signatures.

Thank you
Dan

kevinosborn

Reaction score
I have 5 profiles set up on mine. I have a school profile that turns on when the GPS has located I am on campus and that profile silences the ringer and notifications, and enables the pattern lock. My home profile sets the ringer and notification volume at 50%, disables the pattern lock, turns on wifi and is based on the GPS location of my home. I also have a profile set up for when connected to the car dock that turns on Bluetooth, GPS, and starts the maps program. The desk dock profile I have set up turns off everything except for the phone ringer. My last profile is for work, it is the most intricate. Since I work for a fire department I want to be able to hear my phone while at the station but when out on runs it must be silent. So when the GPS sees I am at my station's coordinates it has the ringer and notifications on, wifi on and pattern lock off. When I leave the station for a run the GPS sees that I have left the work area and silences my phone, turns off background data and wifi, and enables the pattern lock.

All in all I could not be happier with this app. I use it all the time and consider it my favorite app.

I'm new to this app but really like it already. Could you share how you turned on/off the screen pin using this app. At home I don't need the pin and find it annoying but definitely want it outside home in case I were to lose the phone. Thanks. - Kevin