"Setting Profiles" users

bennyj

Reaction score
Also noticed, when I go into setting profiles, and set new location, it shows me about 1/2 to a mile away from where I am actually at (Bucktown, Chicago area). So I have to create TWO locations, one where I am at, apartment.........the other in the area north of my location, that setting profiles THINKS I'm at. Why is this?

If I load up MAPS on my droid, it finds my location without any issue.

This happens because setting profiles does not use gps and it can only get close to where you are by using cell towers. it works better at the moment for gsm wich allows you to set up from more than one cell tower.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

stultus

Reaction score
Noobie question, but what is this diary you all are referring to?

MarkDF

Reaction score
I tried this out, and I really like the idea, but I found that it is a battery killer. I normally get to the end of the day with 16 hours of use and 30-40% left. When running Setting Profiles, I was lucky to have the battery last 12 hours.

If I remove all the rules and manually switch profiles through the widget will it still be such a battery killer?

papy72

Reaction score
I tried this out, and I really like the idea, but I found that it is a battery killer. I normally get to the end of the day with 16 hours of use and 30-40% left. When running Setting Profiles, I was lucky to have the battery last 12 hours.

If I remove all the rules and manually switch profiles through the widget will it still be such a battery killer?
How did you determine that it was SP that is killing your battery?

MarkDF

Reaction score

How did you determine that it was SP that is killing your battery?

It's the only change I've made. De-installed it, and the battery life went back to what has been normal.