Setcpu settings?

adoboyo

Reaction score
I've looked everywhere and couldn't find recommended settings for the Droid 2. Anybody have any? Im not really looking to overclock, im looking for something to improve the battery life. I installed it and then uninstalled it but now id like to try it again haha.

born2golf

Reaction score
I don't know if there are any specific settings for the D2 but I have settled on following methodology. I use the Droid 2 overclock app to underclock the device to 800Mhz, then I use 2 main profiles CPU management.

Screen on = 800Mhz
Screen off = 350Mhz

OP
A

adoboyo

Reaction score
With those settings do you see an increase in battery life? Hows the performance? Does it lag in areas or does it feel the same?

born2golf

Reaction score
With those settings do you see an increase in battery life? Hows the performance? Does it lag in areas or does it feel the same?

In addition to those settings I also use juicedefender to manage my 3g connection. It would difficult to calculate which tools provides the battery life since each is doing something different. But there is definitely a difference and I do see prolonged battery life. I also notice that the device doesn't run as hot.

I don't see any significant lag, other than the typical lag I was seeing before underclocking. I run a lot of apps and widgets. The biggest thing I notice is that since juice defender shut off my 3g I have to wait a few seconds for the network to reconnect when I wake up the phone. It is certainly nothing for me to complain about though.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok i'll throw my settings in the ring

Charging/full 1000 max 800 min performance
Less than 71% 800 max 300 min ondemand
Less than 51% 600 max 300 min ondemand
Screen off 300 max 300 min ondemand

Those settings help with batt a lot and I also use a batt manager app to turn off 3g when the screen is off.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Screen on: 800 max/250 min
Screen off: 400 max/250 min
Charging/full: 600 max/250 min
All set to on demand

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Reaction score
3g turns off automatically when the screen has been off after 15 minutes for me. Its in the battery manager settings.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

born2golf

Reaction score
3g turns off automatically when the screen has been off after 15 minutes for me. Its in the battery manager settings.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

That is only helpful for long periods time when the screen is off. I am a very frequent user getting lots of mails and txts. So I probably turn the screen back on every 13-20 minutes all day long. If I was to use that setting, my 3G would practically never turn off, except at night when I finally put the phone down. With juice defender, 3g is turned on only when the screen is on, or for minute every 15 minutes so keep my mailbox up to date. JD also allows me to "prefer wifi", which uses less battery than 3g. So when I am in a known wifi area (usually office or home) JD will use the wifi instead of 3g thereby using less battery.