Set Motoblur as Default Home App

Reaction score
This isn't a question, it's just a thread to let everyone in on a not so well known app.

It's really bothered me in the past how I was never able to set Motoblur as the default homescreen if i had other homescreen apps installed, the only way around this in the past was to uninstall them.

I just discovered an app in the Market called "Moto Home Fix" by Nightshade Labs. The app enables you to set Motoblur as the default homescreen, just press the home button and Motoblur now becomes an option to set as default.

Reaction score
Just FYI, Home Switcher for Froyo has always been able to do this. I suspect the people who had issues didn't reboot their phone after clearing their defaults.

OP
R
Reaction score
No that's not what I'm talking about. Home switcher for froyo can't as far as I'm aware. I have the app. Motoblur simply cannot be made as the default app unless all other home apps are uninstalled. If you have other home apps installed, everytime you hit the home button it will ask you which home you want to enter and it gives you the option to checkmark a default. Motoblur home is not an option. With this app, it is now an option. This app let's you have other homes installed, and allows you to press the home button without being prompted to select another home screen.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Tha.shxx88

Reaction score
Your right, that's always been a problem with me to. Thanks for the post

Sent from my DROID2

Reaction score
No that's not what I'm talking about. Home switcher for froyo can't as far as I'm aware. I have the app. Motoblur simply cannot be made as the default app unless all other home apps are uninstalled. If you have other home apps installed, everytime you hit the home button it will ask you which home you want to enter and it gives you the option to checkmark a default. Motoblur home is not an option. With this app, it is now an option. This app let's you have other homes installed, and allows you to press the home button without being prompted to select another home screen.

Works fine on my D2G. I just did it 3 times, just to be sure. It lets me switch between LPP and the motoblur launcher.

OP
R
Reaction score
This would be for the original droid 2. And the droid x since it says in the description.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do it all the time with home smack. I have a d2 and I can choose between any launcher, unless motoblur is different from Home.

solar

Reaction score
homesmack would let me launch the defaut home, but not keep it for some reason on my D2 Global. but worked fine on the D1.