seperating the notification tone from gmail and txt?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
is there a way to seperate the notification tones on the gmail and the txt on the bionic? cause right now they are both the same sound and its confusing but i can't seem to figure out how to make them have there own tone. thanks. hope i explained that right.

mikryd

Reaction score
Try ringleader. That what I use and it works great. Customize all my ringtones and have a profile manager.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No need to install an app. Go into Settings>Sounds>Notification Ringtone. That will be used by Gmail. When you're in Text Messaging, hit the menu button> messaging settings>Select Ringtone.

Reaction score
The first method mentioned by mustang changes the default notification for all apps. If you want to set the Gmail to a specific ringtone, open gmail, touch menu, then more, settings, touch your Gmail account you want to set (if you have two gmail you can set them up to have different sounds this way), scroll down to labels to notify, then select inbox, and change the notification tone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mamawm

Reaction score
No need to install an app. Go into Settings>Sounds>Notification Ringtone. That will be used by Gmail. When you're in Text Messaging, hit the menu button> messaging settings>Select Ringtone.
1+ this is the easy way

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score

Very cool, thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
1+ this is the easy way

Agreed that is the easier way if you only want to separate gmail from texting but keep in mind that whatever notification is selected in the regular settings menu that will be the default for all others as well so, you will hear what you believe to be an email only to look and find out it is something else.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Agreed that is the easier way if you only want to separate gmail from texting but keep in mind that whatever notification is selected in the regular settings menu that will be the default for all others as well so, you will hear what you believe to be an email only to look and find out it is something else.

True. I just use 3 different sounds. 1 for all email, another for text and 1 for ringtone.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
The first method mentioned by mustang changes the default notification for all apps. If you want to set the Gmail to a specific ringtone, open gmail, touch menu, then more, settings, touch your Gmail account you want to set (if you have two gmail you can set them up to have different sounds this way), scroll down to labels to notify, then select inbox, and change the notification tone.

thanks man finally got a seperation on the two thanks again i knew there was a way to do it i just couldn't figure it out.

CeCeGreene

Reaction score

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
This. Was the only thing that worked for me!
I've had the same "Zombies Are Coming" ringtone since a week before Halloween & have been trying to to change it all this time! Apparently THIS ^^ was how I set it to begin with Lol I just couldn't remember o_O
You have saved my sanity! :hail:

Reaction score
Uh, why is isn't anyone just changing the ringtone in the app itself?

Open gmail
Go into settings
Select your email address
Ringtone and vibrate
Then just change the gmail ringtone to whatever or just silent or whatever.

Dunzo