sensor test- help

otto

Reaction score
so....i am one of the folks having the screen go blank during phone calls and then not coming back with movement as it is supposed to...i saw a forum a while back that suggested using the app "sensor test" but not that i have it..i don't know what to with it or how it works;. there are categories then a 0, 1, 2 after each with continuously running numbers- what are these numbers telling me?

thanks for the help....

johndel

Reaction score
I am having the same exact problem. I sent my phone back and got another one. Well, the one the sent me is doing the same thing. THIS IS GETTING OLD!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
What exactly the long string of numbers mean I have no idea but what should happen is when you place your hand over the sensor they should change. When you take your hand away they should go back to the original set.

LT*

Reaction score
The proximity sensor is the last one listed (you have to scroll down). You should look in the 0: line. The normal reading should be 2.1474837E8, and when you put your finger over the left top of the screen it should change to 3.0

If it doesn't change, then you need to have the phone replaced for a faulty proximity sensor.