Sense or AOSP

lbaxter80

Reaction score
Ok, I came to the Tbolt from a rooted/zippyfied OG Droid. So, I've experienced both sense and vanilla Android, but on completely different devices. So, my question, which is going to be a TOTAL matter of opinion, is "which would you recommend and why: AOSP ROM or Sense on the Tbolt, and which one of either would you recommend?" I am a pretty heavy user, so performance vs battery life is key. Please only respond if you've used BOTH on the Tbolt. This is not a simple "my favorite Rom is ____" post. I'm looking for good comparisons between sense & vanilla that you have used. (And I have used Bamf's 3D, Thunderstick, Gingeritis, and i am currently running Liquid Gingersense.) Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
L

lbaxter80

Reaction score
Right now, I'm rocking Thunderstick sense 3.0(ish) ROM. Been getting a little better battery life than I was on liquid. I hear stock aosp gets much better battery life, but not sure I want to make the jump back into vanilla land.

Reaction score
th3ory's ROMs are the best considering sped stability and eye candy!

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using DroidForums

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
How did you run Sense on a Moto Droid?

Sent from my NookColor

OP
L

lbaxter80

Reaction score
I didn't have sense on the droid, but had a htc hero, Droid, and now thunderbolt. What I meant was I've used both. But, I've seen roms somewhere that could have sense on the droid. Right now, I'm sporting Bamf's SoaB, and it ROCKS!

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I didn't have sense on the droid, but had a htc hero, Droid, and now thunderbolt. What I meant was I've used both. But, I've seen roms somewhere that could have sense on the droid. Right now, I'm sporting Bamf's SoaB, and it ROCKS!

I've used Sense, AOSP and Motoblur (Sense and AOSP on the Tbolt).

I can say with certainty that there are specific differences between the two in how they look and the performance they provide.

If you are looking for integration and beauty, Sense is the way to go.

If you are looking for speed, AOSP.

As far as battery life, there are tricks to make both systems last you an entire day. Extended battery with the Seidio case doesn't make the phone too thick so that is always an option with either system.

Remember, you can always theme AOSP to look like Sense and use some of the apps to mimic the integration.