Selling my rooted Droid. a few questions

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by sruel3216, Jul 27, 2010.

1. sruel3216

sruel3216 New Member

Posted in another section, but need a fast response. Ok so im selling my droid to someone off craigslist. i have 2.2 root on it right now and the guy still wants the 2.2 if i do a data/cache wipe and de-activate it, am i good to go? will the phone still have 2.2 root and work for him when activated?

waiting for my Droid X =)

thanks
  2. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

Cross posting is fail
  3. sruel3216

sruel3216 New Member

thanks for the fast response. much appreciated. like i said i just need an answer fast because im selling it in a few hours and need to get it ready
  4. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

I would format the SD to ensure you wiped all your personal files, and ADB format system, boot, data and cache. Then re-flash 2.2. Just to be on the safe side.

And hope he knows what he's doing with root and 2.2. If I were you, I'd be leary of getting bombarded with questions "this doesn't work...how do I do this..." In fact, I'd probably just sbf flash 2.01, tell him when he logs in with his gmail that he can update to 2.1, and then provide a few links and point him to this forum if he wants to root. Selling a newb a rooted phone is only asking for headaches.
  5. sruel3216

sruel3216 New Member

ok thanks for the response. i asked him that and he said he wanted 2.2. His head ache after that if he doesnt know what he is doing. i warned him
  6. scf

scf Member

Ok, I'm tethering to this thread. HA! Ok, lame, so what.

DX will be arriving at my house today, so I'm going to sell the D1 in the very near future.

D1: Installed latest 2.2, rooted with easy root, installed barnacle, busybox and flash player. Other than that, pretty much stock.

If I: Hard Reset, Re-flash 2.2, Format SD

Will the D1 retain root and flash player?
  7. littlerick

littlerick New Member

i think if you go to privacy, then do a factory data reset it will erase everything and keep 2.2. or go to the recovery menu and erase everything from there
  8. scf

scf Member

Yup, know how to do the hard reset. Just wasn't sure if root would still be there afterwards.
  9. steveninspokane

steveninspokane Member

A little off topic, but just wondering how much you're selling it for. I Only wonder because I am considering selling mine and getting the D2.

If you don't feel comfortable giving the exact amount, a ballpark figure would be great.
  10. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Sold mine last Fri for $225 Cash
  11. infinity8x3

infinity8x3 New Member

why is every one selling open (DEV) phones for closed (propitiatory) phones?

With custom roms I think this baby is worth alot more than some ppl think it is.

But if you want to get locked into a locked phone that's your bizz I guess. VZW told me D2 has a locked bootloader to.

It's just like my psp-1000 (fat) and my psp-2000 (slim). There is now way in hell I would get rid of one of them for a psp-3000 or psp-go. They have not been hacked yet and prolly never will be. I mean its been like over 2 years.

I mean I could understand if the D1 was obsolete but it in no way is.

Oh well have fun.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  12. steveninspokane

steveninspokane Member

Thanks for the response BacknBlack, not a bad price, I wonder if in time it will be worth more, or less. Guess it all depends on the bootloader. And since I am not a big rom fan, I don't know if I need an unlocked bootloader.

I agree this phone is not obsolete, but that R2D2 D@ looks great, and I am not even a trekie... :)

Oh I mean a warsie?
  13. scf

scf Member

Same here, I figure $225 for the phone, $250 for the phone and my seidio car mount