A good price to sell the D1 rooted?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Genetic Droid, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genetic Droid

    Genetic Droid Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2010
    Messages:
    83
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey all,

    I got a Fascinate and wanted to sell my Droid localy. Its rooted and is in great shape other than the paint on front edges being scratched due to dirt settling behind the case and scratching the droid. I also have the Desktop cradle. Ive seen a few rooted droids on my local Craigslist for 200. Is that nuts or what?
     
  2. want a droid

    want a droid Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1,094
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    Maryland
    Ratings:
    +0
    The phone being rooted or not should have no effect on the price.
     
  3. huskerkate

    huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2010
    Messages:
    2,650
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    103
    Location:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ratings:
    +10
    it's ok for you to ask for opinions/recommendations on an asking price for when you sell your Droid. but, for any other posters, and for the remainder of this thread, i just want to remind everyone of the DF rule against trying to sell, exchange, barter, etc for phones or anything else. thanks!
     
  4. Genetic Droid

    Genetic Droid Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2010
    Messages:
    83
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Ratings:
    +1

    U got it! dancedroid
     
  5. Droid DOES!!

    Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2010
    Messages:
    6,375
    Likes Received:
    35
    Trophy Points:
    178
    Ratings:
    +35
    Wrong. Ever seen the price jump of a jailbroken iPhone on eBay?
    What CAN hurt is that only about 1% root their phones so the other 99% could care less. People will buy anything though :)



    DroidForums Junkie!!
     
  6. jbdow

    jbdow Member

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2011
    Messages:
    136
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, but that's an iphone!

    (sorry, my keyboard slipped...)
     
  7. Genetic Droid

    Genetic Droid Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2010
    Messages:
    83
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Ratings:
    +1
    ugghhh, Im going to try to close this thread.
     
  8. Beka27

    Beka27 Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2010
    Messages:
    1,458
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Cleveland Ohio
    Ratings:
    +6
    Imo, I would worry about selling someone a rooted phone unless they really know what they're doing. If something goes wrong, they need to know how to get back. And... If they really know what they're doing, they can easily root the phone themselves from stock.

    (from Beka's DX)
     
  9. huskerkate

    huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2010
    Messages:
    2,650
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    103
    Location:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ratings:
    +10
    in light of the request of the thread starter, and that this thread appears to have veered off topic, it will be closed.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.