selling my droid and need help

searayman

Reaction score
I am selling my original motorola droid and need some help. I don't know how to set it back to default, so that no account is attached to it. I currentley have a droid x and when I turn my old original motorola droid on it connects to verizon and is still attached to my number...

I went into settings, privacy and reset to defaults and when I turn it on the data was wiped and it starts from the beginign but its still attached to my verizon account.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
As long as its activated its always on ur Verizon account

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Do the factory data reset again. When you see the "touch here Droid" (tickle me Droid) lol just turn the phone off. When you activate a new phone on your number the old phone will come off. When the new owner gets it they will have to activate it using their number and Gmail account. The phone will no longer be acquainted with your account.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
Do the factory data reset again. When you see the "touch here Droid" (tickle me Droid) lol just turn the phone off. When you activate a new phone on your number the old phone will come off. When the new owner gets it they will have to activate it using their number and Gmail account. The phone will no longer be acquainted with your account.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OK i will try that but I have had no luck so far

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Carefull with the way this thread is going. DF doesn't alow selling and soliciting of devices. Want the O.P to gets help before the thread gets closed

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
Carefull with the way this thread is going. DF doesn't alow selling and soliciting of devices. Want the O.P to gets help before the thread gets closed

thanks, I know my post was treading a thin line here. But I am still as you said waiting for more help.

mamawm

Reaction score
are you still able to receive calls and texts on your old phone? i am assuming that you entered your number on the new droid x. if this is true and you can't receive calls, texts, then you have successfully removed the phone from verizon's system and what is left is basically a pda that can be used over wifi with your google account. try to remove your email account from the phone and see if that removes the rest of your data.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Yea, I'm a little confused aswell. When my TB got activated, my Droid no longer gets or receives calls, and a simple data wipe (which u said u did) removes any traces of my Info or accounts on the phone. What of ur info is left u need to remove?