Seido battery life

apastuszak

Reaction score
With all the stuff running on the Droid my battery typically lasts from around 7:30 AM to about 9:30PM-10:00PM at night. If I bought one of the Seido batteries, how much longer would the battery last?

I'd like to be able to get a weekend out of charge, but I don't see that being possible. Part of the drawbacks of modern phones.

Andy

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I just bought a second OEM battery on Amazon.com for like $8 (which I never use) and a second charger for work. All that for less than the price of an extended battery.

Oh, when I got the second charger - I opted for a longer corded (less powerful) charger so I wouldn't be restricted by the small USB cable in the OEM charger.

About your question - there were enough complaints and reports of problems with those batteries to discourage me from getting one.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It depends. The best I've gotten from the extended battery so far is 43 hours. Others have gotten more, others less.

PhoneZilla

Reaction score
No Two Charges Are The Same

The 2600mah extended battery thread is pretty long with a lot of good info.
But like it's been said everyone's experience is different. Even my experience has been extreme using the Seidio extended battery.
One charge lasted 72 hours after that it lasted 41 hours before it powered off.
Both times the battery was charged full without being turned off or rebooted.
I didn't monitor where the power went too much during those times but I did use the phone and internet more during the 41 hour cycle.

Some who do have short battery life with that extended battery are probably taking the charger off hours before it's full because they're looking at the
phone's gauge or some other graph versus the battery voltage.
Anything under 4100mV and the battery is not charged even if the phone or Battery Left app or some other app says it is.
My guess is you could get 24-30 hours with moderate to heavy usage on one charge.

Due to the $55-$65 price I was tempted to get another stock battery with charger for less than $15 on ebay.
But I wanted the heavier and bigger phone with the extended battery.
The other advantage is not having to remove a case, especially a tight one like the Body Glove to switch to another stock battery when one died.

As long as I can get through a full day without having to do anything like plug in the phone or remove one battery to swap it
for another I think the extended battery is worth it inspite of the firmware limitation.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing about the extended battery; currently there isn't an app that will tell you how much time you have left. It's like putting in a bigger gas tank, but leaving in the original sending unit.

The best app seems to be Battery Left, but I don't have the Time Left on the widget. Instead I use Voltage. Using the gas tank analogy above, instead of a Full to Empty gauge it now reads number of gallons. When the voltage gets below 3500mV (or one gallon), you'll have to start thinking of plugging it in.