1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

seidio inocell extended battery

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by crf69, Jan 13, 2010.

1. crf69

crf69 New Member

just noticed that they make a extended life battery for our insane droidz.....anyone have any input on this manufacturer?.....should i wait till mugen makes there's or motorola themselves? thnx in advance:)
  2. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

There's a big thread on it that can answer your questions. In short it adds about 5/8" to the thickness and you can't use the base station any more (they do make one that will). It does last longer than the OEM battery.
  3. crf69

crf69 New Member

thanks....in your honest opinion should i wait for mugen or mtorola?.....im not in dire need of one just want quality....not familiar with seidio
  4. Shel

Shel New Member

Seidio is an excellent company, they make quality products from cases, to cradles to extended life batteries.

I'll have a review of the extended battery shortly, if you're interested!
  5. crf69

crf69 New Member

very much so.....subscribed!
  6. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

They'll soon have an extended that doesn't add depth, as so to work with their own cases/docks...
  7. crf69

crf69 New Member

excellent....cuz i charge more till then:motdroidvert:
  8. praeceps

praeceps New Member

Yes, of course, but it won't be a near doubling of the capacity. I do have th extended battery, it seems a little big, but it's surprisingly comfy because they're material is similar to the one that the rest of the Droid is, so it's still pretty darn comfy to hold and type a lot. The near doubling in capacity, it is definitely quite a difference. If you can live with you're phone not looking as sleek, definitely get it. My only suggestion would after you charge it, let it go to 5% and die because the OS won't be aware of you're new extended battery life entirely. I was running an NES emulator with every radio on and my camera flash as a flashlight constantly as well as max volue and brightness and it lasted for over an hour on "5%". After that, I tested it again and the OS got it pretty accurate afterwards. When it said 5%, it meant it, but only after letting it run down.
  9. crf69

crf69 New Member

great info!!!!!!!! im torn on gettin it now thanks praeceps
  10. jammin

jammin New Member

What has been the longest the new battery has last w/ moderate to heavy usage?
  11. Shel

Shel New Member

I finished the unpacking video of the Seidio Innocell 2600mAh Extended battery, now I'm just waiting for it to upload to You Tube. Should post a link, for those interested, within about an hour or so.

Here's the video... go easy on me, 1st video!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  12. praeceps

praeceps New Member

About two days of solid usage(starting from the morning of one day[thus an overnight charge] to the afternoon of the next day), which is what anyone who has been having to charge it nightly should expect, anybody getting a day and half out of it should expect two and a half days, and it can handle about 12 hours of solid heavy usage(of course after the customary 3 to 5 full discharge break-in). Of course, these are approximate, but are pretty accurate.
  13. praeceps

praeceps New Member

I'd like to see it. I think it has inspired me to make a video review of the extended battery. I just wish I didn't have to go to my Playstation Eye on my PS3... ah, where's a friend with a Droid when you need one!
  14. Shel

Shel New Member

I've uploaded my video of Seidio Extended battery, unboxing, for those interested. See post above.

Once I've charged the extended battery and had a chance to use it for a few days, I'll post a video review of the actual use of the battery!
  15. crf69

crf69 New Member

looking forward to full review....i want extra life damnit i dont care if i cant even fit it in my pocket!
  16. Shel

Shel New Member

Hope to do the full review today. The battery easily lasts me through two days... the stock battery easily lasted me through a full day, but most days I'd return home and the battery would be at about 20-30% remaining... still not dead, but certainly at a level where, when I got home, I'd plug it in or toss it in the Media dock to charge.

Trying to fully charge it, then use it until drained, then fully charge it again, to condition the battery before recording a full video review.

The "hump", while noticeable when you're looking at the device, really isn't that bad when you're carrying your Droid around, other then that stock cases obviously wont' work with the Droid when you're using the extended battery.
  17. crf69

crf69 New Member

sweet....im fully tuned in
Search tags for this page
inocell flashlight

seidio cases inocell