seidio inocell extended battery

crf69

Reaction score
just noticed that they make a extended life battery for our insane droidz.....anyone have any input on this manufacturer?.....should i wait till mugen makes there's or motorola themselves? thnx in advance:)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a big thread on it that can answer your questions. In short it adds about 5/8" to the thickness and you can't use the base station any more (they do make one that will). It does last longer than the OEM battery.

OP
C

crf69

Reaction score
thanks....in your honest opinion should i wait for mugen or mtorola?.....im not in dire need of one just want quality....not familiar with seidio

Shel

Reaction score
thanks....in your honest opinion should i wait for mugen or mtorola?.....im not in dire need of one just want quality....not familiar with seidio

Seidio is an excellent company, they make quality products from cases, to cradles to extended life batteries.

I'll have a review of the extended battery shortly, if you're interested!

OP
C

crf69

Reaction score

Seidio is an excellent company, they make quality products from cases, to cradles to extended life batteries.

I'll have a review of the extended battery shortly, if you're interested!
very much so.....subscribed!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
They'll soon have an extended that doesn't add depth, as so to work with their own cases/docks...

OP
C

crf69

Reaction score
They'll soon have an extended that doesn't add depth, as so to work with their own cases/docks...
excellent....cuz i charge more till then:motdroidvert:

praeceps

Reaction score
Yes, of course, but it won't be a near doubling of the capacity. I do have th extended battery, it seems a little big, but it's surprisingly comfy because they're material is similar to the one that the rest of the Droid is, so it's still pretty darn comfy to hold and type a lot. The near doubling in capacity, it is definitely quite a difference. If you can live with you're phone not looking as sleek, definitely get it. My only suggestion would after you charge it, let it go to 5% and die because the OS won't be aware of you're new extended battery life entirely. I was running an NES emulator with every radio on and my camera flash as a flashlight constantly as well as max volue and brightness and it lasted for over an hour on "5%". After that, I tested it again and the OS got it pretty accurate afterwards. When it said 5%, it meant it, but only after letting it run down.

OP
C

crf69

Reaction score
Yes, of course, but it won't be a near doubling of the capacity. I do have th extended battery, it seems a little big, but it's surprisingly comfy because they're material is similar to the one that the rest of the Droid is, so it's still pretty darn comfy to hold and type a lot. The near doubling in capacity, it is definitely quite a difference. If you can live with you're phone not looking as sleek, definitely get it. My only suggestion would after you charge it, let it go to 5% and die because the OS won't be aware of you're new extended battery life entirely. I was running an NES emulator with every radio on and my camera flash as a flashlight constantly as well as max volue and brightness and it lasted for over an hour on "5%". After that, I tested it again and the OS got it pretty accurate afterwards. When it said 5%, it meant it, but only after letting it run down.
great info!!!!!!!! im torn on gettin it now thanks praeceps

jammin

Reaction score

What has been the longest the new battery has last w/ moderate to heavy usage?

Shel

Reaction score
I finished the unpacking video of the Seidio Innocell 2600mAh Extended battery, now I'm just waiting for it to upload to You Tube. Should post a link, for those interested, within about an hour or so.

Here's the video... go easy on me, 1st video!

[video=youtube;-YNYmrkH2dI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YNYmrkH2dI[/video]
watch

Last edited:

praeceps

Reaction score

What has been the longest the new battery has last w/ moderate to heavy usage?
About two days of solid usage(starting from the morning of one day[thus an overnight charge] to the afternoon of the next day), which is what anyone who has been having to charge it nightly should expect, anybody getting a day and half out of it should expect two and a half days, and it can handle about 12 hours of solid heavy usage(of course after the customary 3 to 5 full discharge break-in). Of course, these are approximate, but are pretty accurate.

praeceps

Reaction score
I'd like to see it. I think it has inspired me to make a video review of the extended battery. I just wish I didn't have to go to my Playstation Eye on my PS3... ah, where's a friend with a Droid when you need one!

Shel

Reaction score
I've uploaded my video of Seidio Extended battery, unboxing, for those interested. See post above.

Once I've charged the extended battery and had a chance to use it for a few days, I'll post a video review of the actual use of the battery!

OP
C

crf69

Reaction score
I've uploaded my video of Seidio Extended battery, unboxing, for those interested. See post above.

Once I've charged the extended battery and had a chance to use it for a few days, I'll post a video review of the actual use of the battery!
looking forward to full review....i want extra life damnit i dont care if i cant even fit it in my pocket!