SEGA Announces Original Sonic the Hedgehog Coming to Android in April for $2.99

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;9It-734ZgNA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9It-734ZgNA[/video]​

Do you ever sit at your office cubicle (or wherever you are the most bored) waxing nostalgic about the good old days of console gaming? Do you remember how much fun you had blazing through levels as fast as possible with that crazy blue whirling-dervish of doom, Sonic the Hedgehog? You will soon have another opportunity to relive those bygone days on your Android device. SEGA announced they are bringing their classic original Sonic the Hedgehog to Android sometime in April for just $2.99. Additionally, they are also working on Sonic 2 for the future.

How's that for a fun Tuesday morning news flash? :)

Source: AndroidPolice

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
This excites me because of my childhood but also makes me sad because I'm too old now. I am so not fast enough to play that game. =D

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Most people have emulated it already. I still have my trusty old Genesis along with a lot of games (including this one) loafing around in a tupperware container in my basement.

Still I might buy it just to support SEGA. Sonic the Hedgehog was the first game I ever played. I have fond memories of my mom's friend letting me use his last life in Star Light Zone to run right off the edge...offing our tumultuous blue hero. That guy passed away of a massive heart attack shortly thereafter and I remember being all of 5 or 6 years and swearing I'd be the game to honor his memory. Then I struggled for what seemed like a lifetime, trying to beat the Labyrinth Zone. Seriously, screw that boss fight. It's just you trying to avoid the water before you drown.