Mortal Kombat X Announced for Mobile; Coming to Android in April

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

NetherRealm, the developers of the next Mortal Kombat game recently announced a new mobile version of Mortal Kombat X. The game will be coming to Android in April (around the same time the non-mobile version will release). We have a teaser video and a full press release below,

BURBANK, Calif. – March 2, 2015 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announcedMortal Kombat X, a free-to-play fighting/card-battler hybrid that delivers the next evolution in mobile fighting gamesfor iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android users. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, the game delivers striking graphics and brings a custom Mortal Kombat fighting gameplay experience anywhere, anytime through the accessibility of mobile devices. Mortal Kombat X will be available April 2015 on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.

“NetherRealm Studios has created a Mortal Kombat X mobile experience that allows more players than ever before to play this over-the-top fighting game through their ever-present smartphones, tablets or other devices,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “What’s more, we’ve expanded the unique cross-connectivity feature that links the mobile and console versions of Mortal Kombat X, delivering unique rewards to all players for simply playing the mobile game.”

As the next evolution of mobile fighting games, the Mortal Kombat X mobile game will feature a hybrid of fighting, card collecting, multiplayer team combat and more, featuring shocking Fatalities, legendary Mortal Kombat characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden as well as the Next generation of Kombatants. The Mortal Kombat X mobile game will showcase the iconic visceral combat with the vicious graphics that Mortal Kombat fans love, along with brutal Fatalities, x-rays and more.

The console and PC versions of Mortal Kombat X will be available worldwide on April 14, 2015. Once launched, players who own the forthcoming console or PC versions of the game will be able to unlock content in the mobile game and vice versa by signing up for a WB Play account and completing tasks and achievements within each version.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
This makes me happy. Can't wait! Mortal Kombat and I go way back. Not saying I'm good, because I'm not...but ya...can't wait!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the game engine works like Injustice, Gods Among Us, then we may have a winner. Doing the key combinations to perform a move has always made me ANGRY, especially when trying to perform a "Finish" move. And please, no in app purchases. Just make the game 9.99 and let me be.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If the game engine works like Injustice, Gods Among Us, then we may have a winner. Doing the key combinations to perform a move has always made me ANGRY, especially when trying to perform a "Finish" move. And please, no in app purchases. Just make the game 9.99 and let me be.

Sadly the game will be "free-to-play" with the obligatory in-app purchases. I'd much rather pay upfront and not have any in-app purchases as well. It's probably hoping for too much, but maybe there will be an "unlock all" purchase that's reasonably priced.

I'm very intrigued by the direct connections to the console version. Playing the mobile version helps with unlocking content in the console version.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how it will perform on nexus player and Google TV.