SDcard will not mount HELP!

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
phone will not charge either. it shows the icons that it is charging...but its not.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pull the card and put it in a PC to make sure the card is even working properly...

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
Pull the card and put it in a PC to make sure the card is even working properly...
gotta wait till I get home from work. No thumbdrive here with me.
took out SDcard and plugged it into the comp to see if it charges any...its completely dead. wont even turn on now...can it even charge without being on?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
took out SDcard and plugged it into the comp to see if it charges any...its completely dead. wont even turn on now...can it even charge without being on?

The presence of the SD card shouldnt have an effect on how it charges...

If you've run the battery too low, then leave it be charging for 30-40 minutes and then come back to it.

I'm secretly hoping your SD card is toast, because that would mean an easy solution to your problem (though you'd need a new SD card). Let us know what happens when you pull it and stick it in a MicroSD to SD converter and inside a computer.

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score

The presence of the SD card shouldnt have an effect on how it charges...

If you've run the battery too low, then leave it be charging for 30-40 minutes and then come back to it.

I'm secretly hoping your SD card is toast, because that would mean an easy solution to your problem (though you'd need a new SD card). Let us know what happens when you pull it and stick it in a MicroSD to SD converter and inside a computer.

yeah Im hoping that too. cause I dont wanna pay the $89 for a new phone thru asurion. But I've had it plugged into the charger/usb off and on and it hasnt charged at all.
I was thinking it was a virus so I did SPrecovery and restored a previous nandroid...but no luck.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah Im hoping that too. cause I dont wanna pay the $89 for a new phone thru asurion. But I've had it plugged into the charger/usb off and on and it hasnt charged at all.
I was thinking it was a virus so I did SPrecovery and restored a previous nandroid...but no luck.

If all that doesnt work, then go back to stock and see what happens. If it doesnt help, it's still under warranty by Motorola, and they should replace it for free since it's some sort of defect (if that is in fact what it is).

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score

If all that doesnt work, then go back to stock and see what happens. If it doesnt help, it's still under warranty by Motorola, and they should replace it for free since it's some sort of defect (if that is in fact what it is).

true but how long would motorola take to replace it if it is under manufactures warranty. and how would I file the claim?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
true but how long would motorola take to replace it if it is under manufactures warranty. and how would I file the claim?

Couple days, maybe overnight if you find a nice CSR. Just pick up the phone and call them. There are some people around here who've done that, and none that I know of who were disappointed with the results.

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
well left it charging for a lil bit. it powers on but shuts down once the main wallpaper pops up and it says "droooiiiddd" so at least its charging up now. Ill leave it charging while me and the missus grabs dinner. then mess with it before bed.

hidden_void

Reaction score
Same problem....

I’m having the same exact problem. I was in class today, with the Droid mounted to my laptop, taking notes and saving the word document to the phone during the lecture (I often use it as a flash drive). Suddenly, the laptop was asking me where I wanted to save the file. I noticed the mount icon was gone on the phone. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, was able to mount, but for only a few seconds before the icon disappeared again. Now it won’t even recognize the USB connection (it won’t charge either). I’ve pulled the sd card out and backed up the files onto my computer, reinstalled the card, restarted my own computer, and tried it again. Still the same result – the Droid won’t even charge, and my laptop doesn’t see anything connected to it. :icon_evil:

Any other suggestions?
I should add that I can access my sd card through the Astro File Manager. All the files seem to be intact and uncorrupted.

hidden_void

Reaction score
I’m having the same exact problem. I was in class today, with the Droid mounted to my laptop, taking notes and saving the word document to the phone during the lecture (I often use it as a flash drive). Suddenly, the laptop was asking me where I wanted to save the file. I noticed the mount icon was gone on the phone. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, was able to mount, but for only a few seconds before the icon disappeared again. Now it won’t even recognize the USB connection (it won’t charge either). I’ve pulled the sd card out and backed up the files onto my computer, reinstalled the card, restarted my own computer, and tried it again. Still the same result – the Droid won’t even charge, and my laptop doesn’t see anything connected to it. :icon_evil:

Any other suggestions?
I should add that I can access my sd card through the Astro File Manager. All the files seem to be intact and uncorrupted.

Disregard....I was just now able to mount the Droid. Not sure what happened, but at least it's working again.

hidden_void

Reaction score

Any other suggestions?

Disregard....I was just now able to mount the Droid. Not sure what happened, but at least it's working again.

Okay.....the phone just turned off the USB storage on its own....again. Perhaps there is an APP doing this? Somehow it is accessing the SDcard and basically dismounting (or un-mounting) phone from comp?

Slider46

Reaction score
I'm having sort of the same issue.

I wiped the sdcard and started over. Everything seemed fine for about half a day then on my way home last night - my card was 'unavailable'. Tried physically re-seating the card this morning and it still won't show the card while the phone is on.

I'm thinking of flashing the OEM .sbr and going back to Verizon. It's only about two months old. :(

This thread seems to make sense although i can't recall if I had any ringtones on the sd card...

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
fixed my issue. just formatted the SDcard....after making backups of the important stuff. and now it works just fine.