SDcard problem?

LaCross

Reaction score
Excuse my Cluster* of information, most of this is copypasta from my thread on XDA

Bare with me here. It seems as though my computer(s) cannot open my sdcard when mounted. debugging is enabled and it is on mass storage. Also, i can access the internal phone storage.

Basically when you double-click the SD, nothing happens.

>So then i began to troubleshoot

it is mounted. Also, on my windows PC it does say that. However i use Ubuntu on my laptop and it just will not open.

I should also say that it was working before i flashed Eclipse 0.6.

And also i cannot access my music on the phone

It does however tell me how much space is left on the sdcard and the total space

Also the Internal storage total and available space is unavailable

When i unmount the sd card and plug it in my computer, i cant view the internal phone storage either...Then if i mount the sdcard, the internal storage becomes available to be opened.

So, i took my sdcard out and rebooted my phone. it displays how much storage is available in the "sd card" ...theres no sd card in my phone. My phone is officially on crack
-Also when the phone boots it does not prepare the internal storage

-When i go to File Manager, under the sdcard thing it sais "This folder is empty"

ill keep updating as i try more things

Last edited by a moderator:

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
The reason it still shows an SD when you remove it, is because this phone has a built in SD card that the phones refers to as an ext-SD card.

Sounds like you have a corrupt external card. I would copy your data off it, reformat it, and try again. Bet that fixes your problem.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

srvctec

Reaction score
The reason it still shows an SD when you remove it, is because this phone has a built in SD card that the phones refers to as an ext-SD card.

Sounds like you have a corrupt external card. I would copy your data off it, reformat it, and try again. Bet that fixes your problem.

Actually, the phone does NOT refer to the internal card as "ext-SD card". The internal card is referred to as "sdcard" and the the removable card is called "sdcard-ext". This is part of the reason there is so much confusion on this subject- many people post incorrect information and then nobody knows what to think.

Sent from my DROID X2

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Actually, the phone does NOT refer to the internal card as "ext-SD card". The internal card is referred to as "sdcard" and the the removable card is called "sdcard-ext". This is part of the reason there is so much confusion on this subject- many people post incorrect information and then nobody knows what to think.

Sent from my DROID X2

I went off memory, but the point is still clear. It still showed a memory card once he removes his.

Bottom line: corrupt memory card. Reformat it.