HELP! Problem with storage.

svenEDGE

Reaction score
I just got my Droid X2 today. I rooted it and put Liberty 3 on it. My issue is that my phone has somehow changed mnt/sdcard to mnt/sdcard-ext. What used to be my internal storage has now been become mnt/sdcard. All of my files from my previous phone are now invisible unless I go into the file manager and look at them there. Also when I plug it into my pc via USB is shows my internal storage as MOT and my SD as removable storage like before. Pretty annoying. If anyone has a way to help or maybe a link to a different thread regarding this (I did look and couldn't find anything) I'd appreciate it.

*******EDIT***** I found out that all I need to do is set it so my phone automatically looks to my external storage rather than my internal. Is there a way to do this?

Last edited:

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is a common change in almost every X2 ROM, you're best bet if you are going to continue to flash ROMs is to get used to it. You'll likely save time moving all your files once rather than changing the mount points every time you flash a new ROM. However if you would like to swap them back there is a zip you can flash available at xda forums under the x2 development section.

Edit: here's the thread.
Sent from my Android device.

Last edited:
OP
S

svenEDGE

Reaction score
I should've updated or deleted my post last night, I actually found that zip file and switched it. It's just annoying because now my gallery won't see my sd card. Thanks for the help. It's frustrating that it has to be that way. I'm just gonna sbf and run stock. I shouldn't have this phone long anyways. Gonna be selling it to get the Nexus:icon_ banana: