SD "Read Only"

LS-208

Reaction score
If there is another thread addressing this issue, please forgive me and direct me toward it. Out of the blue my Incredible will not recognize my SD card. Says read only and I can get access to nothing. I connected to my pc and it will not even recognize it. Can you please help? Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
Yes, it is mounted as read only. I can not even unmount it. I have the SD card icon in the notification bar and it has a question mark on it. I have powered off and removed the battery twice as well and still no luck.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Ok. Do you know where the rescue squad forum is? Search in there or post your problem. A mod may move it for you if you ask. The RS is good and will walk you through until your problem is fixed. Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
How do I find that forum? Thanks for your help.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
If you're on your phone app click on forums then scroll down to droidforums rescue squad. If on your computer log in and scroll down to the rescue squad forum. You shouldn't have any problem finding it either way.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Try pulling the card out and then reinserting it then power cycling your phone. Had my phone stop recognizing the card, did this and it works again. If that doesn't work then something might have gotten corrupted on the card, format it using a computer (plug it in using the sd card adapter, not through the phone) and it should work.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
Ok. Definitely will try both. Thanks. If I have to format it, won't I lose all my info?

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
I can't unmount it to format it, nor will the pc recognize it. I'm thinking its garbage at this point.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ouch..... that happened to my mom's when she put it in her d2g from her BB storm. Was hoping it would recognize it and let you format though. Good thing theyve gotten to be pretty cheap now..... when i got my 2 gig for my alias (was the biggest they made then) it was like $40, now you can get a 16 gig for that.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have a microSD card adapter? If so, read your card with that and see if your computer can see files on the card.

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
I finally got my daughters pc to read it so I transferred everything to a new card. Whewww! That was close.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Try to format it on that computer then. If it recognizes it then it should allow you. If it works then it will give you a back up atleast.

Sent from my Liberated D2G