SD card upgrade help

GrammaToad

Reaction score
Hello I was just wondering how to upgrade my SD card. I found an 8 gig on the floor in my room that my friend gave me before I got the phone. Can you just take it out and put the new one in? I have all my Rome on my current one and I'm running liberty 2.0.1 if that matters.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

qman66

Reaction score
if u have a computer u can take everything from that sd card and then drag it to the new sd card. if u are rooted and dont have access to a pc u can drag all sd card files the data root folder and then insert the new one and cut and paste it from there.

xliderider

Reaction score
Getting an sd card with a higher speed rating than the class 2 card which comes stock in the X is a benefit. I picked up a class 6 card a while back.

Whatever card you use, format it in the phone after installation to prevent any problems down the road.

OP
G

GrammaToad

Reaction score
So I just take my files and put them on my computer and put them back on once the new SD is in? Was asking because I thought there was user data on it that my phone needs to run. And I am rooted using a rom.

I just tried to put it in. Clockwork recovery booted up so I formatted the SD (it was for an evo 4g) now I don't know what to do since its just going to boot into clockwork every time. I'm kind of a nub to this stuff. I

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xliderider

Reaction score
So I just take my files and put them on my computer and put them back on once the new SD is in? Was asking because I thought there was user data on it that my phone needs to run.

The X will create the necessary folders and files it "needs to run" following the format. Everything else, you need to put back on from your backed up files on your computer.

Make a new backup using clockwork mod recovery, it will put that on your newly formatted sd card.

OP
G

GrammaToad

Reaction score
So your saying just put it in and when it boots into clockwork just make a new backup and all will be good?

Sent from my LIBERATED Droid X using DroidForums App