SD card thinks its full- not even close

masse

Reaction score
This problem is confusing me. I have been jumping through hoops trying to solve it. Basically my sd card says it is full so I can not download anything. I can access the card and I deleted gigabytes of stuff off of it even though it was not full to begin with. Sometimes it reads 73kb free.

I am rooted and had been testing a number of different roms in the past week until this happened. Tried all of my backups, wiping data and cache, loading a fresh rom. No dice. Unmounted card removed and put it back. Same issue.

Any suggestions? I have tries to search for someone with similar issue with no luck.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here's another vote for reformatting. Copy all data to computer and then reformat. Also, when you reformat, be sure to NOT name the card.

Good luck and let us know how it works.

siredbyspike

Reaction score
I have been dealing with this myself recently. My phone isn't rooted. As soon as I cleaned my caches & someone sent me a pic message it would come right back. Are you using Handcent SMS by any chance? I noticed whenever I uninstalled it I didn't have this problem, and once I reinstalled it came back. I emailed the devs of this app to talk to them about it this morning, but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm gonna try some of the solutions in this thread, as I could be completely wrong. I've googled 1,000 solutions to this problem, (and it has led me here), but I'm wondering if it is a bug in Handcent at this point. I love that app too much to keep it uninstalled though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree with LtKen and Bayou. Try reformatting without renaming. And definately save what you can to a computer folder first. Assuming it's allowing you to access it.