SD card not reading

kelseysmom

Reaction score
I got a new HTC Droid incredible II since my old one wasn't working properly but my SD card won't read in the new phone, says I need to insert an SD card but its already in. I have already restarted my phone & taken out the SD card & put it back in. Can you help me??

Krennel

Reaction score
Did you buy a brand new one or get one through a warranty exchange?

sweenbeen

Reaction score
My phone (two weeks out of warranty) started to randomly eject my sd card... Suck... I have to pop the back off, take the card out... And reboot... I know your pain man

Sent from my ADR6350 using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
See what happens if you try a different card. It could be the card and not the phone. The other thing to try is reformat your card. Make sure you back up your card contents to the PC first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

sweenbeen

Reaction score
It is not the card, the card works in everything else... Even another phone... It eventually got so bad it ejects the card immediately.

I got a new phone. RazrM ftw

Sent from my Motorola RazrM using Droid Forums

foggyriver

Reaction score
i'm having the same problem, had to replace my DINC2 and put the SD card in the replacemnt phone and it isn't reading it. Took it out and put it back in, still nothing. Worked fine in the old phone. Any suggestions? Put it back in the old phone and it won't read it either. I don't have another SD Card, one didn't come w/replacement phone. I'm :mad:

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Save what you want saved from the card on a pc and then reformat the card. See if that works. If so, you can move the files that you saved back to the card.

foggyriver

Reaction score
I don't have the SD Card backed up. I tried to do that before the SD Card was unmounted on the original phone, but the battery port was bad and the computer wouldn't read the SD Card on the phone. I was under the impression that unmounting the SD Card on the original phone and putting it into the replacemnt all would be fine and wouldn't be a problem. Guess i was mislead, or just ignorant to know that it didn't work that way! Think i'm screwed... lost over 400 songs, which is fine, it's the 500 pictures/videos that are never going to be recreated that upsets me! :cus:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Typically, yes, switching your card from one phone to another works. All is not lost...You don't need your phone to transfer your pics to the pc. You can get an sd card adapter or even a usb adapter that takes a micro sd card. Plug the card or usb into your pc, then transfer your photos and music.

foggyriver

Reaction score
It was a warranty exchange. I'll be stopping @ Verizon today as the greatest issue is.. the phone isn't recognizing the SD card. Camera won't work without one and i'm sure there are other things that won't work without the SD card too, just haven't figured out what all they are. Thanks for all the help! I'll be considering getting an adapter to get the stuff i want to keep backed up! Hopefully the card isn't ruined! That would be just my luck!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The camera should still work without the card. If it does not, then there is something wrong with the phone.

While you are at Verizon, have them put in an sdcard to see if they can get the phone to read and recognize an sdcard. Don't give them your sdcard to try...you want to make sure you preserve the pics and music, so don't do anything with that card until you are able to do that.

After you get the sd card adapter, if you are still having problems saving to your pc, there are sdcard recovery programs you can use that will extract your pics for you.