SD Card access issue fix...

msimpson

Reaction score
Hi All...New Droid owner and I was having fit trying to get stuff on the SD card, I was playing around and this worked for me.

When I plugged in the USB cable, I pulled down the notification bar and the USB connection says Select to copy files, etc. So, I selected it. It asks you if you want to mount or unmount. I selected mount and the SD card came up in WinXP, just like any other drive. Now the notification bar for the USB says Turn Off USB Storage turn it off and it goes back to normal.

Hope that helps some of you!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: To Droid Forums. You're right that is a frequently asked question, and I believe if you look at our FAQ'S thread, which is pretty big, that answer can be found there too.

Thanks for participating on your first post, and I hope you stick around. Lots of great stuff and information around here.:)

OP
M

msimpson

Reaction score
Well, I spent the better part of the morning looking for an answer and that one never came up. So, I thought I'd (re) post it for others

Thanks!

:welcome: To Droid Forums. You're right that is a frequently asked question, and I believe if you look at our FAQ'S thread, which is pretty big, that answer can be found there too.

Thanks for participating on your first post, and I hope you stick around. Lots of great stuff and information around here.:)